Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

how can i exaggerate it?  he's the vp of football operations.  he picks the coordinators and drafts the talent.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

three of the four starters on the line suck, all three linebackers suck, and three of the four defensive backs are awful.

until that gets resolved who makes the defensive play calls is almost completely irrelevant.

rjs246

You guys are right. Why bother even having a DC? Maybe they'll name Duce DC or Howie. Doesn't matter anyway.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

it would be funny to see duce do it because all the audible calls would be things like donut, cheeseburger, or honey glazed ham.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Apparently both John Fox and Ron Rivera are interested in hiring McDermott as their defensive coordinator.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on January 16, 2011, 01:26:26 PM
I think its pretty plain that you are exaggerating the influence that Reid has on the end result of the defense.

its not exaggerated because andy chooses all the players

it may sound like an oversimplification but its true...the ravens defense has been so good for so long because ozzie newsome has a particular philosophy and knowledge when it comes to the talent he acquires

remember towards the end of jim johnsons reign people began to get fed up with him and his supposed defensive philosphy...it had little to do with jj and mostly to do with the retirement and aging of his talent and reids inability to effectively replace it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

the last year they had a good defense was 2008.  Yes, it was JJ's last year, but they also had assante, sheldon, lito, and dawk on that d.  it was before stewies acl and they also had darren howard as a situational pass rusher who gave them 10 sacks.

SunMo

the bears are a perfect example of why players matter over scheme.

everybody and their mother knows what's coming with the Tampa 2...but the bears have farging playmakers who can get pressure without blitzing and make plays in the back end.

rjs246

No one is arguing that. Everyone knows that this team needs more talent. We're simply arguing that the coordinator matters too. Jesus.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

No, we obviously all believe that getting a new coordinator means the defense will now be top 5 and they don't need to improve the talent at all. Obviously. Literally.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

BigEd76

Tomahawk

Quote from: rjs246 on January 16, 2011, 04:43:25 PM
No one is arguing that. Everyone knows that this team needs more talent. We're simply arguing that the coordinator matters too. Jesus.

Don't you put words in my mouth Don't speak on my behalf, you son of a bitch

rjs246

I'll do what I like with your mouth you whore.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 16, 2011, 04:54:29 PM
Segrest just got canned too

Good.  When Babin and Clemons leave and have Pro Bowl-type seasons, you know the DL technique is pretty bad.