Wild Card vs. Packers Game Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 09, 2011, 04:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on February 10, 2011, 08:10:36 AM
Without looking at Google tell me who Thomas Pynchon is.

i could probably look at google and still not know...but whoever he is he shouldnt be more known than the buzzsaw...im actually embarrassed for you
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

btw philly mag had a great expose on buzz last year

look it up
learn it
love it

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 10, 2011, 08:45:49 AM
Quote from: Rome on February 10, 2011, 08:10:36 AM
Without looking at Google tell me who Thomas Pynchon is.

i could probably look at google and still not know...but whoever he is he shouldnt be more known than the buzzsaw...im actually embarrassed for you

Taking pride in ignorance is the American way.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

not knowing who that guy is ignorant?

or admitting you dont know who he is is ignorant?

Diomedes

You should try reading something serious sometime.  It might hurt a little bit, but you'll be better for it.  The brain needs exercise too, especially one like yours, atrophied from disuse and starved of meaningful input.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 10, 2011, 09:03:23 AM

Thinking that a sports journalist is somehow an important writer, while not having any idea who Thomans Pynchon is, is ignorant.

And for the record, I don't like Pynchon. farg him and his impossibly dense, nihilistic nonsense.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

okay lemme break it down for you:

Rome doesn't know Bissinger, admits it.  Asks who he is.  Educates himself about who the guy is a bit.

You ridicule him for not knowing a major Philly sportswriter. 

He asks if you know anything about one of the most important living American writers, which you do not.  You boast that you don't know who he is, and rather than bothering to learn anything about him or his work, announce that he is less important and notable than your sports writer.

You are quintessentially American, in the most MA way:  an ignorant snob, proud of his lack of knowledge, disdainful of serious intellectual work, different from Palinites only insofar as you ascribe to a different brand of ignorance as your identity.

Yay you.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

pay attention.   

the godfather has spoken.

Feva

Quote from: Diomedes on February 10, 2011, 09:29:54 AM

Rome doesn't know Bissinger, admits it.  Asks who he is.  Educates himself about who the guy is a bit.

He asks if you know anything about one of the most important living American writers, which you do not.  You boast that you don't know who he is, and rather than bothering to learn anything about him or his work, announce that he is less important and notable than your sports writer.

You are quintessentially American, in the most MA way:  an ignorant snob, proud of his lack of knowledge, disdainful of serious intellectual work, different from Palinites only insofar as you ascribe to a different brand of ignorance as your identity.

Yay you.

Ok, ok, hold up. First of all, you throwing too many big words at me. Now because I don't understand 'em.... I gon' take 'em as disrespect. Watch your mouth... and let's continue the convo.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Diomedes

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were so emphatical about this subject. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on February 10, 2011, 09:29:54 AM

Yay you.

horrible breakdown btw

and sorry if its unfathomable to me how a sports fan from philadelphia could have never heard of buzz farging bissinger...im not even saying you have to like him...or you should read him...i wouldnt read friday night lights for a reward...but to never have heard of him...i mean his name is buzz bissinger...even romey laughed at himself

that would be like you having never heard of david simon...and if you hadnt id tell you to kill yourself twice...the time first being after you call anyone ignorant for not knowing and not wanting to know who jean claude tomas pynchon is

rjs246

Actually that breakdown was 1000% on point. One of the most accurate message board personality evaluations I've seen in a while. Most of the self-styled psycho-analysts on this board are laughable in their attempts to quantify people. Dio seems to be better at it than most.

Ooh ooh, do me next! (No homo.)

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

SD