Wild Card vs. Packers Game Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 09, 2011, 04:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 30, 2011, 01:18:09 PM

And REGARDLESS...Reid threw him under the bus. He's a piece of shtein.

And as seems to be the new usual, you're missing the point entirely.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD on January 30, 2011, 01:20:54 PM
lol at 'bad winds', I remember the kick pretty well and the wind had nothing to do with it. He veered it wide with his foot.

He kicked the 2nd one exactly the same way.

PhillyPhreak54

And has kicked in similar conditions plenty of times.

PhillyGirl

OK, lets see how we can make this more clear:

1. he missed practice on friday because of his daughter.
2. Reid KNEW there was this going on
3. Reid put him out there in a situation where on his best day, he'd rarely miss it. But knowing that his kicker wasn't near 100%, he put him out there on a 4th and inches down 11.
4. It was far more than Akers that lost that game (defense, offense, special teams coverage) yet Reid throws him under the bus after the game.
5. Reid is a douche for doing so.

how anyone can dispute that is beyond me.

Sgt PSN

We dispute it because we like you when you're angry. 

Drunkmasterflex

I didn't really think those comments are that big of a deal.  It wasn't like he was belittling Akers he was making a statement.  Was it in poor taste? Yes absolutely. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

QB Eagles

I thought he was much more of a douche singling Akers out after the Minnesota game.

PhillyPhreak54

PG...but the guy is a professional athlete and essentially a one of. They can't bring in some scrub a day or two before so it's on Akers to block that out, as challenging as it can be, and make his kicks.

And Reid should have gone for it on the short play. However he cannot coach scared or in protection of Akers. If he needs or decides the team needs a FG then Akers needs to go handle business.

PhillyPhreak54

I didnt like either of the call outs. But I agree QB, the post-Minnesota one was worse.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 30, 2011, 02:23:00 PM
PG...but the guy is a professional athlete and essentially a one of. They can't bring in some scrub a day or two before so it's on Akers to block that out, as challenging as it can be, and make his kicks.

And Reid should have gone for it on the short play. However he cannot coach scared or in protection of Akers. If he needs or decides the team needs a FG then Akers needs to go handle business.

He didn't coach scared, he coached like an idiot. And deflecting HIS ineptitude as Akers' fault was reprehensible.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 30, 2011, 01:24:31 PM

My spidey sense alerted me to a Stupid Fight a few pages ago, so I skipped the recent stuff and loaded up the current page, only to find this obviously unintended gem.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 30, 2011, 02:27:30 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 30, 2011, 02:23:00 PM

He didn't coach scared, he coached like an idiot. And deflecting HIS ineptitude as Akers' fault was reprehensible.

I am fully aware that he coached dumb. I also have said for weeks that the post game comments were ridiculous. So we agree there.

However Akers needs to make the kicks.

Do you dispute that?

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Diomedes on January 30, 2011, 02:29:06 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 30, 2011, 01:24:31 PM

My spidey sense alerted me to a Stupid Fight a few pages ago, so I skipped the recent stuff and loaded up the current page, only to find this obviously unintended gem.

LOL, I was pointing out my quote at the same time calling SD clueless. :) Not myself, but I can see how that might look. LOL

PhillyGirl

Phreak, sure...he does. But at the same time, you can't throw ONLY him under the bus for missing it. I can see WHY his mind was not there.