Wild Card vs. Packers Game Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 09, 2011, 04:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

First Jimmy Johnson totes the spinal cancer excuse after the Eagles lost to the Cardinals in the NFCCG, now this nonsense with Akers and his kid. I swear it's always something.

PhillyPhreak54

Akers should have made the kicks. Both of them.

And Reid shouldn't have taken shots at him. It's uncharacteristic for him to do that to players.

General_Failure

Quote from: SD on January 30, 2011, 11:17:48 AM
First Jimmy Johnson totes the spinal cancer excuse after the Eagles lost to the Cardinals in the NFCCG, now this nonsense with Akers and his kid. I swear it's always cancer.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Drunkmasterflex

I will preface this by saying I don't have children, but I don't see how that should even factor into him missing the field goals. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

QB Eagles

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on January 30, 2011, 11:45:49 AM
I will preface this by saying I don't have children, but I don't see how that should even factor into him missing the field goals. 

If it wasn't a factor, then Akers shouldn't mind the criticism because it has absolutely nothing to do with his daughter.

It is was a factor, Akers should have told Reid that his kicking was going to be affected, before the game. Otherwise it's no different than when a running back tells his coach his knee is fine, then goes out and runs like shtein because his knee is busted. That knowledge would have helped Reid make kicking decisions in the game.

PhillyGirl

From everything I've heard online and right after the game, he was having issues kicking them in pregame as well. Reid knew he was having trouble.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Quote from: charlie on January 30, 2011, 08:38:11 AM

Please... the article even said no doctor even mentioned cancer. Is this the second or third excuse floated out by akers since this game?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6073857&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

She has cancer. They knew she had cancer. He knew it a day before the game.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 30, 2011, 11:35:25 AM
And Reid shouldn't have taken shots at him. It's uncharacteristic for him to do that to players.

exactly

you can count on one hand the number of players andy reid has called out in his life and now twice in the last month of the season he calls out an all time great eagle whos been with him his entire tenure...me thinks theres more involved here...like the turning down of a low ball contract extension offer

as for akers himself...dont farging play the game if you cant get the job done...but once you step on the field and compete you are expected to make those kicks...PERIOD
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

I'm not disagreeing that he should make the kicks but quite frankly, was there another option at PK if Akers said that morning that he couldn't go? If its a choice between Akers in a state of complete mindfarg and no one, who do you take?

There is more going on and it pisses me off. There is ALWAYS more going on when it comes to Reid. farg him.

QB Eagles

You still go with Akers but you don't attempt the 40 yarder in swirling winds.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 30, 2011, 12:27:55 PM
You still go with Akers but you don't attempt the 40 yarder in swirling winds.

and you go for it on 4th and a few inches in the 4th quarter down by 11 when you have a questionable kicker and a QB who can get you those inches.  :boom

Rome

if a kicker misses a 40 yarder, then yeah, bust his nuts a little, but don't blame the entire loss on him especially when your shtein ass defense and refusal to run it on offense ultimately cost you the game.

SD

iirc he missed a 34 yard fg which for him is basically a chip shot.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD on January 30, 2011, 01:15:20 PM
iirc he missed a 34 yard fg which for him is basically a chip shot.

In pretty bad winds when it was 4th an inches. There was NO reason to trot him out there. None.

And REGARDLESS...Reid threw him under the bus. He's a piece of shtein.

SD

lol at 'bad winds', I remember the kick pretty well and the wind had nothing to do with it. He veered it wide with his foot.