Wild Card vs. Packers Game Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 09, 2011, 04:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

That picture really shows how much bigger Cooper is.  Look how big the ball looks in his hands.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

It also shows how underthrown the pass was and how little Cooper did to defend against the pick. 

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 21, 2011, 06:49:22 PM
It also shows how underthrown the pass was and how little Cooper did to defend against the pick. 

the other cf does not like this comment
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Partly they do, since it shows what an awful QB Mexico is.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyGirl

Akers found out the Friday before the game his 6 year old daughter might have cancer

QuoteAfter the game, Andy Reid uncharacteristically singled out Akers, saying, "We can all count. Those points would have helped."

Knowing that Reid was aware of Halley's condition, Akers was deeply hurt by those comments.

I farging HATE Reid.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

I disagree that he's calling out Akers there. It's a simple fact that they lost by 5 and Akers missed two field goals. Also, based on Akers' career to date, he prides himself on being able to block out the world and just kick. The first kick was right into the wind, and I don't blame AR for trotting him out there again, thinking that the odds were in their favor that he wouldn't miss again.

What would you have Reid do here? Sign another kicker two days before a playoff game? Keep the guy on the sideline when you want to put 3 points on the board? Refuse to acknowledge that the missed field goals loomed large over the outcome of the game?

Just like IGY with Banner/Roseman, you are reaching here. Significantly.

PhillyGirl

No, that was the second time in as many weeks he made a jab at Akers. had it JUST been that instance, perhaps it would have been one thing.

he's a douche. he should be second guessing his own farging abominable playcalling and personnel moves.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

charlie

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 30, 2011, 08:23:00 AM
he's a douche. he should be second guessing his own farging abominable playcalling and personnel moves.

like keeping akers on the roster

PhillyGirl

Right, because Akers was farging horrible all season?

He's a douche for blaming the game on Akers, which he did.

Maybe had he GONE FOR IT on 4th and a few inches instead of making Akers kick it into the wind, we'd be singing another tune.

charlie

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 30, 2011, 08:33:56 AM
Right, because Akers was farging horrible all season?

He's a douche for blaming the game on Akers, which he did.

Maybe had he GONE FOR IT on 4th and a few inches instead of making Akers kick it into the wind, we'd be singing another tune.

Please... the article even said no doctor even mentioned cancer. Is this the second or third excuse floated out by akers since this game?

Akers is a 12 year vet that missed 2 FGs that should have been made. Whether they won or lost the game because of those, who knows. But the fact remains that Akers cost the eagles a chance to win.

Reid's gone without a superbowl appearance next season anyway, sit back and enjoy the trainwreck that is eagles football.

Its time to move on, they werent going to win the next game anyway.

PhillyGirl

LOL, other excuses? WHAT other excuses? That he had his mind on a family crisis? Yeah, that would be this.

Akers has never made excuses, in all of his years here. Defending Reid over this is mind-boggling.

charlie

I'm not defending Reid. I am bashing akers. The only thing I am "defending" reid over is that I don't see anything wrong with him "calling out" a player or two once in a while.

Akers has long proven that he is a baby with his career of whining after bad games, or bad seasons.

PhillyGirl

Really? Please enlighten me of his long proven history of whining.

And I'm sorry, when your child is in the oncology unit at a hospital, yeah, you might not be able to have your head on straight. Bashing him is farging ridiculous and you sound like a douche.

Rome

akers missed the first kick because the wind was blowing about 100 miles an hour at him.

the second kick was on him, but suggesting they lost because of akers is laughable even for reid.  of course, reid has made a career out of dodging responsibility for monstrous choke jobs, so his tossing the kicker under the bus because his defense couldn't stop a side full of jerry's kids playing in wheelchairs isn't exactly news.