2010 Playoff thread

Started by SD, January 05, 2011, 03:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

A Jets fan is an Islanders fan, a Nets fan, a Mets fan.

I know the latter doesn't fly well with you Philly people but I hate the Yankees, Knicks, Rangers, and Giants.  Insofar as I LOVE NYC--and I do, I farging love that city--the Jets are the only football team in NY outside of Buffalo that I could bring myself to support.  They are the eternal underdog and little brother and that shtein is right up my alley, despite the fact I'm the eldest.

That's right, I'm your elder.  Respect.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

If you thought rooting for the Packers was the easy choice,
watch Aaron Rodgers dodge an old lady with cancer.

I laughed.

Diomedes

Good for him.  You can't stop for every sob story that wants some attention.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

has furio apologized yet?

dude came with wins guns a blazing on rodgers only to find out cancer lady is an autograph hound and perennial MA stalker

whoops
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Florio did actually apologize.

Also, hilarious report/video just posted... Mike Smith wanted to kick the FG but let himself get talked out of it.  Hahaha

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 21, 2011, 02:35:09 PM
Also, hilarious report/video just posted... Mike Smith wanted to kick the FG but let himself get talked out of it.  Hahaha

I assume you're talking about the pick 6 play to end the 1st half. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Your powers of deduction are, like, amazing.

ice grillin you

so if you could only watch one game sunday which do you choose....both are amazing games and i cant decide...best championship weekend in a long long time
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 21, 2011, 08:28:02 PM
so if you could only watch one game sunday which do you choose....both are amazing games and i cant decide...best championship weekend in a long long time

Jets/Steelers. I want to know if the Jets can solve that defense. Their running game will likely be stymied so they'll need to win with Sanchez, which they were able to do to a certain extent last week. But I think Steelers are a tougher draw defense-wise.

Also I really don't want to be subjected to two more weeks of the Polamalu Song, Pittsburgh Polka and other such sound pollution, so I have more at stake.

QB Eagles

By the way, there should be sub-zero wind chills for both games. Great to have no dome, southern, or west coast teams in the championships. All four teams are northern and play outside. I don't think that has happened in over 20 years.

Diomedes

I'm happy when they are generally uncomfortable even before they start to bash each other to death, but I have to admit it brings me greater pleasure when they freeze than when they sweat.