2010 Playoff thread

Started by SD, January 05, 2011, 03:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 08, 2011, 11:54:02 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 08, 2011, 11:04:42 PM
Not sure why they kept the clock running though. Edwards caught the ball and got both feet in, and then he fell to the ground and when he landed, the ball was oob. Shouldnt that be a catch and then oob to stop the clock?

His knee landed in bounds...I can't remember if the Colts defender touched him on his way down and don't know if it matters

It didn't appear that he was touched until he was all the way to the ground.  The booth guys didn't say anything about it and I guess they know the rules better than I do. 

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 08, 2011, 11:52:54 PM
btwn that timeout and payton urinating in his face during the superbowl he has to be done right?

I don't see why he'd be done.  This was the worst Colts team he's had around him other than maybe his rookie year.  And it's not like he came up short at the end.  He took the Colts downfield and they took the lead with under a minute to play.  Colts ST and defense lost that game in the end. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 09, 2011, 09:27:55 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 08, 2011, 11:52:54 PM
btwn that timeout and payton urinating in his face during the superbowl he has to be done right?

I don't see why he'd be done.  This was the worst Colts team he's had around him other than maybe his rookie year.  And it's not like he came up short at the end.  He took the Colts downfield and they took the lead with under a minute to play.  Colts ST and defense lost that game in the end. 

pretty sure IGY was talking about caldwell

Sgt PSN

QB Eagles

QuoteCaldwell was asked to explain after the game.

"I didn't care. I was going to make sure that they couldn't. Make them snap the ball. They were in field goal range," Caldwell said. "We wanted to try to make them snap the ball as many times as they possibly could."

Yes, the Jets were in field goal range: In range for what would have been a 50-yard field goal, which is no chip shot for Jets kicker Nick Folk, who went 5-for-11 on field goal attempts of 40 yards or longer this season. As it turned out, on the very next play after that timeout, Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez hit Braylon Edwards on an 18-yard completion, and on the next play after that Folk kicked the game-winning 32-yard field goal as time expired.

Frankly, Caldwell's explanation doesn't make any sense because his decision doesn't make any sense. Making the Jets snap the ball again just gave the Jets another opportunity to make the field goal easier, and that's exactly what they did.

Caldwell should have known better, because he made the same mistake during the regular season at Jacksonville, using two timeouts during the Jaguars' final drive and helping Jacksonville set up a game-winning field goal. Caldwell didn't learn from that mistake, and the Jets benefited on Saturday night.

There's no way Folk makes that kick from the 50. He sucks. Even the game-winning FG wasn't really on-target.

QB Eagles

Jamaal Charles might be my favorite non-Eagle player to watch right now. I've been tuning into Chiefs games all year just to watch him wreak havoc. His YPC is off the charts. He's a threat for a first down or more every single time he touches the ball.  Guy is money.

SD

reese125

How good of a tackler is Berry? Hell is wrong with Reid?

SD

Quote from: reese125 on January 09, 2011, 01:44:21 PM
How good of a tackler is Berry? Hell is wrong with Reid?

Berry was taken with the 5th overall selection, did you want Reid to trade up that high for a Safety? If you're thinking of a different Safety (Earl Thomas) who was taken 14th overall then yeah I'd agree. I think Allen has a good future ahead of him but Thomas has much more talent.

reese125

hell was I thinking-my bad. youre right.

Munson

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 09, 2011, 01:39:15 PM
Jamaal Charles might be my favorite non-Eagle player to watch right now. I've been tuning into Chiefs games all year just to watch him wreak havoc. His YPC is off the charts. He's a threat for a first down or more every single time he touches the ball.  Guy is money.

Same. Definitely my favorite non-Eagle in the NFL right now. This is why I like fantasy football, helps me follow guys I don't get on TV often. He carried both my teams to championships this year.

His YPC is just sick.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Cassel looks like shtein today. Stop throwing picks ass.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Did you see how bad he looked last week against Oakland?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

PhillyPhreak54

What a choke job the Haley and Cassel.

Munson