2010 Playoff thread

Started by SD, January 05, 2011, 03:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

granted i never really saw marino in his prime but im guessing the late 80s/early 90s dolphins never had quite the defense the jets have
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

they had a good defense (killer b's) but absolutely no semblance of a running game.  that's why they lost in the playoffs.

reese125

Sanchez is about as inconsistent as you can find in a qb. You never know who the hell youre going to get.

He goes 18-30+ something with no td's one week, then throws 3 td's the next.

Pitsburgh's pressure should rattle the shtein out of him and get them right back to the super bowl. The big difference with this next game is unlike a Moss-less Patriots team that couldnt stretch the field for squat and relied on 5 yd passes all game, Mike Wallace can do just that. Jets defense has been exposed on numerous occasions this year, and its going to happen again.

Tomahawk

Pittsburgh's o-line is bad enough that I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets win this game

Just saw SalPal interview Bart Scott after the game....Sal looked scared which was hilarious but not as funny as Scott saying "[Patriots defense] is so bad they couldn't stop a nose bleed"

reese125

Oh Im not saying its a lock, and anything could happen based off turnovers, but I just think Sanchez makes more mistakes here because the Steelers will make them one-dimensional.

This is the one game where the Jets have to completely rely on Mark Sanchez, and because of that that's why I think they lose.

SunMo

I was rooting for the Pats yesterday, I hate anytime from new york and what makes the Pats hateable?  because they are good? 

next week will be the only time i root for a new york team.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

I can't stand the Patriots.  Kraft is a bad man.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I typically hate New York teams as well but the Jets are different for the reasons I described.  If it came down to a choice between the Jets & the Patriots, I'll take the Jets every time.

BigEd76

I don't have a problem with the Jets because they've been insignificant for 40 years

MDS

new york sucks
pittsburgh sucks
green bay is a small town in MA
chicago is a big town in MA

either gb or chi is a non event in philly but under no circumstances should any philly person hope a disgusting inbred ny team wins or an appalachain republican queer hating racist pennsyltucky rust belt cesspool like pitt win

though it doesnt take much to admit that rex ryan is jerrah level awesome
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Pittsburgh is pretty liberal, smarty. Not Philly liberal, but still a city and still liberal.

The fans around the city, however....
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

My order of preference:
1. Packers
2. Bears
3. Jets
4. Steelers

So the Steelers are a lock for the Super Bowl victory.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 17, 2011, 07:15:25 PM
My order of preference:
1. Packers
2. Bears
3. Jets
4. Steelers

So the Steelers are a lock for the Super Bowl victory.

Yeah....it makes me want vomit.  There is so much Steelers crap around my area now it is ridiculous.  It wasn't any where like that just 10 years ago.  Honestly if the only team that I don't hate on that list is the Jets.  I
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

I'm all up on the Jets bandwagon.

I love the shtein talking and I love Rex Ryan.

Mark Sanchez (and Schottenheimer) is their achilles. Too inconsistent still.

But I hope they beat PIT again.