2010 Playoff thread

Started by SD, January 05, 2011, 03:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurking wierdo

Dio, a real man doesn't leave that decision to a woman

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

I like how Cromartie is dogging Tom Brady in the media and calling him an icehole.  It's definitely a good decision to talk shtein about the guy/team that beat you 45-3 last time you played them. 

General_Failure

Talking shtein about the Patriots always works out well.

The man. The myth. The legend.

charlie

I really can't wait for the patriots to beat the hell out of the jets.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Flacco will have set a record for road playoff wins by a QB if he beats Pittsburgh this weekend.  Pretty impressive.

reese125

I got a strange feeling that the NFC championship is going to be played in Seattle--and that is just a disgrace to the league.

General_Failure

If it is, then the disgrace would be the Bears and Saints.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Incoming fine from the league.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: reese125 on January 12, 2011, 08:26:32 PM
I got a strange feeling that the NFC championship is going to be played in Seattle--and that is just a disgrace to the league.

I'd say it's the exact opposite.  Everyone was saying that Seattle had no business even being in the playoffs and they go out and knock off the defending champs.  And it's not like they won a terribly played game or on a fluke play or because of terrible officiating or because the Saints had too many key players out due to injury. They beat them soundly and legitimately and imo, that further solidifies the NFL as the only league where teams are by and large, relatively even. 

A team winning their division with a 7-9 record was a fluke.  I don't think you start changing rules because of something that happens once every hundred years.  I've even heard people say that a 7-9 team shouldn't get a home game and that it should have been played in NO since NO had the better record.  I don't buy that either because almost every year, there's a WC team that finishes with a better record than a division winner (say 11-5 vs 10-6) and the division winner still gets HFA if those 2 teams meet in the playoffs and I've never heard any outcry over that.  Why should this be any different?

Like it or not, Seattle beat the defending champs straight up and if that doesn't prove that they belong in the postseason, then I don't know what does.   

reese125

seahawks won, but no way in hell they are the better overall team. there was a reason they were 12 pt underdogs.

also, these seahawks are not the arizona cardinals where everyone was saying they had no business being in the playoffs as well. the cardinals at least had a hall of fame qb, hall of fame wr and boldin to make any game close. now we got matt friggin hasselback throwing the ball to benjamin obomanu...but somehow I think seattle wins this game because Cutler just has a knack of farging up and his chin gives games away.

I mean at least if Chicago wins you can say their defense was stout all year so they have a reason, but seattle hasnt done squat all year and has no legitimate threat on either side of the ball.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

The whole thing is terrible but the  Rex Ryan photochop is especially awful and whoever did it should be fired. But unlike Cromartie, even the Post isn't dumb enough to farg with Brady.

Munson

lol at Wes Welker's 11 references to "feet" during his press conference :-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds