2010-11 College Basketball Thread

Started by phattymatty, November 08, 2010, 04:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

holy shtein, rutgers just got hosed

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: DH on March 09, 2011, 04:40:05 PM
holy shtein, rutgers just got hosed

I was just coming to post that. Total horseshtein.

DH

im not going to pretend i care because im already over it, but how is that not reviewed?? the guy stepped out AND threw the ball into the crowd with more than a second left on ther clock

phillymic2000

That's awesome DH, enjoy!!

And got Owls, beat the ish out of the Explorers!!

ice grillin you

obviously a terrible call but i wouldnt say they got hosed....does anyone really believe they would have converted from half court with a second and a half left...they should have had that opportunity no doubt but its not like someone was hacked with no call that would have sent them to the line
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Actually, there were two uncalled fouls on the prior two possessions as well.

MDS

also they werent winning 5 games in 5 days to get into the dance

yes they got screwed but its rutgers...so who farging cares
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 09, 2011, 07:28:16 PM
also they werent winning 5 games in 5 days to get into the dance

yes they got screwed but its rutgers...so who farging cares

dh is a rutgers alum and he doesnt even care

under .500 teams should not be bitching about refs...actually no teams should be...play better

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 09, 2011, 07:28:03 PM
Actually, there were two uncalled fouls on the prior two possessions as well.

yeah and im sure st johns complained about the two posessions before that

MDS

at least they last further than nova

what a joke jay wright is
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

I love these mid-major conference tournaments.  Montana/Northern Colorado on ESPN 2 now.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

DH

it doesnt matter to me whether they would have hit the shot or not..they werent given the opportunity which as far as im concerned, would define getting hosed.

and regardless of which school got farged, this happened in the big east tourney which is clearly the best of them all so to say no one cares is a little silly.

ice grillin you

Quote from: DH on March 09, 2011, 04:43:32 PM
im not going to pretend i care

if a rutgers alum doesnt care then who would?

espn cares because its 8 minutes they can use during sportscenter...but im not sure who else really gives a damn

had this happened to a bubble team or in the semi final or finals bwtn like pitt syracuse it would carry more weight

as it is tho i dont see it being a big deal...shtein even the rutgers coach didnt care

DH

i care as a fan of college basketball, not as an alum of rutgers. if a call (or calls) as bad as that can happen in the big east tourney (by refs who have each officiated multiple final four games), it makes me concerned that it can, and probably will happen in the big dance.

publicly, rice handled it incredibly well. he was irate in the locker room over it though so dont think what he presented in his post game presser was exactly how he felt.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That old ref, the first one who walked off, is a colossal douche.

ice grillin you

Quote from: DH on March 10, 2011, 10:48:12 AM
it makes me concerned that it can, and probably will happen in the big dance.

publicly, rice handled it incredibly well. he was irate in the locker room over it though so dont think what he presented in his post game presser was exactly how he felt.

i dont think its news that bad calls could happen anywhere anytime and i dont think the rutgers game changes that in the least

seemed like rice cared about the non foul calls more than the out of bounds thing

probably for two reasons

one he knew that they had little to no chance of making a shot there

two if you brings a ton of attention to that call then it also bring attention to the fact that his entire benched also missed it