Philly Fan Project

Started by ice grillin you, May 04, 2010, 07:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

It would be a sense of relief at this point more than joy. farging jerks.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

rjs hit the nail on the head.

the phillies celebration was undoubtedly awesome, but that was more a case of societal catharsis for the region rather than actual love and passion for the team.  i mean, 25 years of waiting is a long time for an entire base of fans to cheer for a winner.

the eagles, on the other hand, i think they have infinitely more hardcore diehards like us who view the 50 years as a cursed embarrassment, and will be thankful finally just to say eff you to our bitter rivals more than anything else.

still, i think when it happens the roof is going to come off the city, and not just philly, but for eagles fans everywhere.  hell, people who couldn't care less about the phillies, flyers & sixers absolutely live & die for the eagles. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 05, 2010, 10:32:54 AM
hell, people who couldn't care less about the phillies, flyers & sixers absolutely live & die for the eagles. 

those people dont count
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Part of me actually dreads an eagle parade, it will be fun but there will be some iceholes that ruin it, start a riot, and philly's on sportcenter as the worst sports city ever
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

there will be a riot in my pants the day they beat the curse.  Unfortunately they will never win, and my pants will remain as still as the people who sit behind RJS at games
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

if nothing happened at the phillies parade (cept a couple scuffles) on an absolutely perfect weather day with open container allowed i doubt anything is going to happen in the middle of the winter

i mean something easily could but no more so than something could have happened at the phillies parade...and because of the weather i would put the odds even a little lower

SunMo

Fights never happen at Eagles games in December.

Seabiscuit36

The phillies parade was just amazing to me, still is.  Partying with 2million plus people, many drunk, i've never seen so many drunks crying tears of happiness.  The low amount of police activity was really surprising, but they also had a huge presence and were prepared as best as they could for something that large scale. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on May 05, 2010, 09:04:52 AM
That poll is a joke.

When (if?) the Eagles win the Super Bowl the celebration that will take place will dwarf what happened with the Phillies.

The parade won't be nearly as big, because a majority of Eagles fans would be dead either from shock or alcohol poisoning.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 05, 2010, 10:57:35 AM
The phillies parade was just amazing to me, still is.  Partying with 2million plus people, many drunk, i've never seen so many drunks crying tears of happiness.  The low amount of police activity was really surprising, but they also had a huge presence and were prepared as best as they could for something that large scale. 

right...i see the eagle parade being no different...excdept like i said the weather which cuts down on stuff like that

Quote from: SunMo on May 05, 2010, 10:57:17 AM
Fights never happen at Eagles games in December.

actually i never see fights at eagle games anymore period...since the linc opened i bet ive seen less than five total...at the vet youd see two or three a game at least

SunMo

They happen when you're out trying to score free beers from arabs

ice grillin you

are you purposely trying to hurt me by reminding me they arent there anymore