2010 Point & Laugh at the skins thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 29, 2010, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I don't know which is worse... reading the story about McNabb feeling slighted or seeing that awful patronizing piece of shtein slime mail that the taterskins sent out.

Just awful.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

paco

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD

Statement from Mcnabb's agent Fletcher Smith:

QuoteFletcher Smith, agent for Washington taterskins quarterback Donovan McNabb, this afternoon released a statement regarding the way his client has been treated during the benching.

He says offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan has been the biggest problem in the whole situation, and that problems arose when McNabb made suggestions to the offensive coordinator about tweaking aspects of the offense.

The statement from Smith follows in its entirety.

"I think it is important to clarify some misinterpretations following Donovan comments made earlier this week on his radio show.

"Donovan did say that "he didn't want to go anywhere" and that he "enjoyed himself" in the Washington DC area. He and his family truly enjoy living in the Washington,DC, area and are overwhelmed by the outpouring of support the fans have shown him this year.

"He stated that he wishes to stay in Washington because he came to complete a task -- and that task has not yet been accomplished.

"While Donovan's feelings about Washington remain the same, the Shanahans -- both Mike and more specifically Kyle -- have made this an extremely difficult relationship to maintain.

"Their comments have been beyond disrespectful and unprecedented for a six-time Pro Bowl quarterback such as Donovan.

"There have been many reports leaked of Donovan not being in shape and not being able to grasp Kyle's offense.

"The fact is Donovan came into camp in the best shape of his career having dropped 10 pounds in the offseason. Donovan spent most of his offseason in Washington working out with the taterskins and never missed a practice.

"Unfortunately, it appears as though the taterskins coaching staff decided that their 12-year veteran quarterback, who flawlessly executed one of the NFL's most complex offensive systems (in Philadelphia), is unable to grasp Kyle's offense.

"I believe there is tension between Donovan and Kyle that's rooted in the fact that Donovan has suggested modifications to Kyle's offense based on intricacies Donovan has learned in his NFL career.

"For example, Donovan has asked all year that the team run more screen passes to help manage the pass rush more effectively. Ironically, Kyle decided to employ Donovan's suggestions after he unceremoniously benched him on Sunday.

"After Donovan quickly led the taterskins down the field and scored what appeared to be the game saving drive against Tampa Bay, Kyle was quoted as saying "He'll (McNabb) never take another snap for me again."

"Remember that statement came after Donovan led the taterskins on one of their best drives of the entire season.

"Donovan is coming off a Pro Bowl season in 2009 where he threw for 3,500+ yards on 60% completions, with a TD:INT ratio of more than 2:1. He also led his team to the playoffs with an 11-5 record, and that's what he hoped to accomplish in Washington.

"This year, Donovan was on pace to set the taterskins all-time passing yards mark before being benched.
Every week he went out there in solidarity with his teammates with one goal: to win as much as possible for the fans in this town who deserve a championship caliber team.

"Make no mistake, this has been a difficult season for Donovan. Some may say that he has had a down year....that is true specifically because of the high standards that he has set as an elite NFL quarterback in his previous 11 seasons.

"Donovan has maintained a high level of professionalism on and off the field. He is determined to continue his relentless commitment to win and looks forward to the opportunity wherever that may be!"

Fletcher Smith III
President Blueprint Sports Group

http://www.tbd.com/blogs/tbd-skins/2010/12...nahan-6402.html

What a colossal train wreck

General_Failure

Flawlessly executed the offense in Philly, huh?

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

If any of that shtein about Kyle S is true the taterskins are even more farged than I thought.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

I can just imagine Andy putting one of his sons on the coaching staff. Weekly raids on the trainer's office would get really hard to cover up after a while.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

typical donovan, having someone else do his bidding for him

sometimes its mama wilma, sometimes its that drunken doofus daddy sammy, sometimes its hugh douglas cold cocking TO in the training room. today, it's his agent throwing kyle shanahan under the bus.

not that that little prick doesnt deserve it, but for the love of god donovan speak up yourself. youre like 35. a grown ass man with a wife and kids. and people are still doing your talking for you.

but youd expect nothing less from a life-long loser like 5 and this once again exemplifies why he never had it in him to win a super bowl
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

donovan actually went on wash radio and gave his take the other day....thing is he doesnt have it in him to completely go after anyone...i mean TO basically sodomized him and he could barely get a word out....

what he said about the shanahans was his typical milquetoast and passive aggressiveness....like he said he didnt agree with the move itself and how it was done then says in the next sentence hed like to be back in dc next year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

its sickening

and today was he running scout team offense. on what planet does someone with the kind of success donovan has had the money he makes and the stature he has accept that. you do as AI did and go off and say aint no all star, mvp coming off the bench. but AI is a legend god philly icon and donovan is better than bobby hoying.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Donovan McNabb - What will his role be for game 1 of the 2011 NF Regular Season?

Starting QB for the taterskins 7/1

Starting QB for the Vikings 5/2

Starting QB for the Cardinals 4/1

Starting QB for the 49ers 15/2

Starting QB for any Other NFL Team 3/2

Backup QB for Any NFL Team 7/2

Not on an NFL Roster 15/1

Eagles_Legendz

Did you make that or are those actual odds?   The 3:2 line would be money of it's real.   There are enough qb starved teams -- one will give him a shot.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Eagaholic

everybody's having fun

QuoteIt's understandable that Donovan McNabb and taterskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan butted heads this year.  It happens.

It's inexplicable that the Shanahan camp and the McNabb camp continue to go back-and-forth at each other in public, as if that is going to help matters.  One day after McNabb's agent took on Kyle Shanahan and Mike Shanahan responded, the younger Shanahan spoke with reporters.

"I called Donovan on the phone, mentioned I wanted to have a conversation with him to find out what this was all about," Kyle Shanahan said Friday, according to Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post.   "And when I talked to Donovan [on Thursday], he said he didn't say any of that.

"I'm like, 'Well yeah, your agent did, which to me is you.' And he said he didn't agree with any of that, those words didn't come out of his mouth, he didn't tell his agent that stuff.  So all I can go off is what Donovan tells me. And we've never had a confrontation all year, never had an argument, everything's been good."

(So basically McNabb is lying to his agent or Shanahan.  We'll vote Shanahan.)

McNabb declined to comment Friday with a laugh.  Kyle Shanahan also found humor in McNabb's agent Fletcher Smith's suggestion that the taterskins changed the offense for Rex Grossman last week.

"That quote was almost — I mean, it was entertaining," Shanahan said. "Asking Donovan about that, he nor I remember that conversation. To hear that we had a different offense for Rex is a joke."