2010 Point & Laugh at the skins thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 29, 2010, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

QuoteMcNabb's agent, Fletcher Smith, told ESPN that the taterskins' decision is "disrespectful to Donovan. He has not been more disrespected his whole career than he has this season. It's absolutely ridiculous."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5929516

bwhahahahahahahaha

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD on December 17, 2010, 03:03:56 PM
QuoteMcNabb's agent, Fletcher Smith, told ESPN that the taterskins' decision is "disrespectful to Donovan. He has not been more disrespected his whole career than he has this season. It's absolutely ridiculous."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5929516

bwhahahahahahahaha

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

ha

Let's revisit some old articles from when Mcnabb was traded:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...donovan-mcnabb/

QuotePosted by Mike Florio on September 15, 2010, 9:36 AM EST
taterskins tight end Chris Cooley is thrilled to have Donovan McNabb as his quarterback. And Cooley would like the Eagles to know he thinks they're idiots for trading McNabb to a division rival.

"This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL," Cooley said on ESPN's Homecoming with Rick Reilly, per the Philadelphia Daily News.

The show was taped before Cooley and McNabb had played together, but if anything the trade looks like more of a bonehead move for the Eagles after Week One, with Washington 1-0 and Philadelphia 0-1 and already dealing with a quarterback controversy.

McNabb said on the show that he wouldn't have been satisfied if the Eagles had asked him to stick around as the No. 2 quarterback and made Kolb the starter.

"No," McNabb said. "I'm not a backup."

That "bonehead" trade ensures that McNabb is not a backup. But Kolb might become a backup soon.

Rome

washington is going nowhere and benching donovan is really a petty and vindictive move on shanahan's part.  just let the doode finish out the season and then cut him quietly and gracefully.  he might be a colossal waste of dna but 11 years in the league has earned him the right to play out the string.

MDS

lol no he hasnt and that doesnt matter

they are finished this season and winding up 8-8 means dick. mcnabb isnt coming back and shanahan either doesnt care or is begging danny boy to fire him. he knows hes not wasting anymore time with that fat farg and his son convinced him rex is worth a shot.

frankly its a decent move. not that rex grossman is good or anything but why not roll the dice with him for 3 games. theres absolutely nothing to gain by playing mcnabb. win or lose these next 3 weeks this season was a disaster for the taterskins.

and on top of that mcnabb got 3.5 mil for being benched so please stop with the he deserves better than this crap. mcnabb can play the passive aggressive woe is me victim card all he wants and his butt buddy J and lovers in the media like whitlock and wilbon can soak it up but i couldnt give two craps of a shtein about his feelings or his ego. he was terrible this season because hes washed up and over the hill and his team is awful. end of story.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

if their back up was jimmy clausen or some young guy they wanted to take a look at i could see

but benching someone for grossmann is just shanny lite being salty
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

They not only benched Mcnabb, they made him the 3rd stringer behind Grossman AND Beck.

SunMo

thanks for breaking that news Mike Wallace
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

the other cf likes the move, obviously

QuoteAnd John Beck has been promoted to second string QB.  McNabb is now the Blackskins' third quarterback and will be released after the season as he has a $10 million bonus due in March otherwise.  With all the trouble with Albert "The $100 Million Crybaby" Haynesworth and the Blackskins being a bad team again, will be interesting to see what direction Shanahan goes in the offseason as far as the team's demographics go.

Gotta love McNabb's agent whining about the demotion, as if a black player who "handles himself with class" therefore can never be benched no matter how poorly he's playing:

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Feva

Sooooo... no air guitar in Big D this week?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Seabiscuit36

You tards always have the same avatar. 

Sounds like Shanny really wants to see what Beck has, wouldnt be surprised to see him starting next week
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Shanahan will not condone the skins signing any more non-white players?

Rome

Someone explain how replacing any quarterback with Rex Grossman is a good idea.  Thx