2010 Point & Laugh at the skins thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 29, 2010, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteTalk continues that McNabb can't figure out Shanahan's offense
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 7, 2010 11:05 AM ET
The Washington taterskins are off this week, but there's no reprieve from the constant discussion about why Mike Shanahan benched Donovan McNabb late in last week's loss to the Lions.

The latest talk comes from a report on ESPN on Sunday morning in which Chris Mortensen said that Shanahan and his son and offensive coordinator, Kyle Shanahan, have had to cut their playbook in half in order to pare it down enough for McNabb to learn it.

And it gets worse: Mortensen reports that even when McNabb is operating with the Cliff's Notes version of the playbook, he sometimes has trouble correctly calling the plays in the huddle.

At this point, with all these stories coming out about McNabb being unable to figure out the offense, it's hard not to get the feeling that there are folks within the taterskins organization who are making a concerted effort to make McNabb look bad. That's exactly what ESPN's Tom Jackson, who played in Denver for three seasons when Shanahan was a Broncos assistant, said after Mortensen's report.

"If you have a problem with your quarterback," Jackson said, "you call [him] in and you discuss that. This has now become so public that the quarterback is going to be completely embarrassed and it makes his job harder."

In Jackson's view, Shanahan and McNabb simply won't be able to work together going forward -- and Jackson thinks that's more Shanahan's fault than McNabb's.

"I always thought the job of a coach is to adjust your system to the guy who's quarterbacking your team," Jackson said. "This situation is irreconcilable."

Diomedes

Reid just looks better and better for all of this.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20101107_Gonzo___Philly_s_vote_on_McNabb_is_proved_correct.html?page=1&c=y

QuoteWhen games get tough and a leader is required, some quarterbacks head to the nearest phone booth and change into a costume with an "S" on the chest. McNabb usually emerges wearing an "out of order" sign.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on November 07, 2010, 11:21:10 AM
Reid just looks better and better for all of this.

He really does. I don't know if Reid saw this as a potential outcome or if he just got lucky. Regardless, trading him within the division turned out to be a great move.

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee

That's like when the Phillies have a guy with an open jersey and it reads "Philllies."  Big whoop.

This is some funny stuff from the wannabe Mr. Suzy Kolber:

Quote"I don't think he's the type quarterback at this stage that Shanahan wants to move forward with. Shanahan wants someone that is a little more accurate passer as well as not carrying as many injuries from over the years, the extra baggage. You get beaten up over a period of time and McNabb today certainly doesn't move around as well as he used to and his accuracy hasn't improved as a passer.''

-- Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Namath, on Donovan McNabb and coach Mike Shanahan's controversial week-old benching of the player thought to be his franchise quarterback.

phattymatty

phattymatty

face value uppers just went on sale through the skins box office if anyone is planning on coming down.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

i cant even begin to explain how happy i am, everyday, that he isnt quarterbacking my team anymore
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Tomahawk

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 09, 2010, 04:20:32 PM
Only because your writing sucks

mcnabb could only dream about being as accurate as you were here.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee