2010 Point & Laugh at the skins thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 29, 2010, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

before the season a proven coach was going to make the taterskins legit. now the guy is wade phillips minus the arm elbow deep up his ass.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i think if the benching doesnt take place when it did the pendulum switches quite a bit in the other direction

i agree with what shanahan did but he opened up the flood gates of (valid) criticism by doing it with two minutes left in the game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 02, 2010, 04:06:34 PM

i agree with what shanahan did but he opened up the flood gates of (valid) criticism by doing it with two minutes left in the game

yep, no debating shanny went about this the wrong way. the guy definitely has reason to bench donny but the time of game absolutely opened him up for criticism plus, c'mon, rex grossman ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i actually agree with what he did AND when he did it....but in terms of the public at large and the media doing it at that time leaves you open to massive and justified criticism and without a doubt takes almost all the heat off of mcnabb
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

benching any quarterback with two minutes to go is a bullshtein move of clownish proportions.i hate mcnabb as much as anyone but that does nothing but breed discord in the locker room. 

considering how badly shanahan farged up the haynesworth situation, it's pretty clear he doesn't have a clue how to babysit mental midgets like mcnabb, and like it or not, that's a huge part of the job in 2010.

whatever, though... i can't wait to see just how bad this is going to get.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Clearly, the media is desirous to...  Oh, never mind.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Painful...

Otherwise, McNabb did his best to bite his tongue and keep his sense of humor about the whole affair. When he limped into the locker room -- yes, those 33-year-old hamstrings are noticeably bothering him -- he jokingly interrupted an interview with rookie receiver Anthony Armstrong by asking: "How's your cardiovascular endurance?"

MDS

god he is inching closer to munsonion levels of unfunniness
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on November 02, 2010, 03:33:49 PM
Lets see how many media types that questioned this move and say the fans ran him out of town come out now and say they were wrong. I'll set the over under at  -/+ 0

What was Schlereth's (sp?) position when the trade went down?  Because he went on Mikey Miss today and pretty much said that everyone is now starting to see what Eagles fans have been complaining about. 

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 02, 2010, 03:45:34 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 02, 2010, 03:37:19 PM
IMO. there is a very short list of great QB's who never won a super bowl. Marino and maybe Jim Kelly.  Now that I've been able to look back over McNabb's career, he was a very good QB who made some spectular plays over the last 11 years. But he's not great.

mos def fouts and moon and theres probably a few more.....but not many

Totally forgot about Fouts.  Moon had crossed my mind, but the reason I left him off the list is because he didn't have an exceptional playoff career/record.  I think he only won like 3 playoff games in his career.  Not to mention that he was on the wrong end of the most epic choke job in NFL playoff history. 

However, in terms of regular season production and his ability to lead a team back from behind in the 4th quarter, he was definitely superior to McNabb. 

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 02, 2010, 06:13:50 PM
Quote from: SD on November 02, 2010, 03:33:49 PM
Lets see how many media types that questioned this move and say the fans ran him out of town come out now and say they were wrong. I'll set the over under at  -/+ 0

What was Schlereth's (sp?) position when the trade went down?  Because he went on Mikey Miss today and pretty much said that everyone is now starting to see what Eagles fans have been complaining about. 

No idea, the only guy (that I can remember) that thought the trade was great for the Eagles and that Mcnabb had been holding the team back was Baldinger. I think Schlereth liked the move too.

Drunkmasterflex

Wilbon said on PTI this pretty much seals the deal that McNabb won't be a Skin next year. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

Oh no doubt...he'll be a Cardinal. That's my bet.

Diomedes

The wheel of fortune announcer died...maybe he can apply his schmaltz on a game show?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 02, 2010, 07:32:03 PM

That is what Wilbon hinted at.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MDS

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on November 02, 2010, 08:06:43 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 02, 2010, 07:32:03 PM

That is what Wilbon hinted at.

mcnabb is the one who WANTED to go to washington, now hes already booked his ticket to arizona where he can throw wormburners to larry fitz
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.