2010 Point & Laugh at the skins thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 29, 2010, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nfl/101102-jamarcus-russell-washington-taterskins

JaMarcus Russell Meeting with taterskins
Updated: Tuesday, 02 Nov 2010, 10:12 AM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 02 Nov 2010, 9:24 AM CDT

MARK BERMAN
Sports Director
HOUSTON - NFL sources told FOX 26 Sports former Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell will work out Tuesday for the Washington taterskins.

Russell, the number one overall draft pick in 2007, was released by the Raiders in May. In three years as a starting quarterback in Oakland, Russell had 7-18 record.

For three months, Russell has been working with former NBA head coach John Lucas in Houston in an effort to get a second chance in the NFL.

Lucas, who had his own share of off-the-court-issues as a player, is nationally known for working with troubled athletes.

Last week, Russell had a blip on his radar erased when a Mobile County (Ala.) grand jury declined to indict him on charges of possession of a controlled substance.

The grand jury cited insufficient evidence concerning Russell's July 5 arrest for possession of codeine syrup without a valid prescription. A friend had testified in court that a drink laced wth codeine was his and not Russell's.

On Oct. 20, Russell told FOX 26 Sports he was convinced he would get another shot at playing quarterback in the NFL.

"I know for a fact," said Russell then. "I have faith in God and strong beliefs. I know for a fact. It's going to happen.

"I can't say when, but until it happens I am going to stay here in Houston and continue to work out each and every day no matter how long it takes."

Asked if he has any doubts he can help an NFL team, Russell said, "None. None whatsoever. I need to be there."

Pointing. Sipping on sizzurp. Laughing.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

phattymatty

maybe some purple drank will give donnie that energy he needs at the end of the game.

MDS

wilma probably didnt let him touch a drink until he was married, something tell me little donnie isnt interested
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

And we thought the Eagles were going to be the joke of the division all year
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

reese125

"Calling all EMT and patrol vehicles in the area...we have an attempted suicide situation at the washington taterskins practice facility. I repeat an attempted suicide..."

ice grillin you

shanahan is pooping on the bedwetters face...except this is like when you poop.....and you think youre done....but then another log comes out.....
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

McNabb isn't fit enough so they bring the king of QB fitness Jemarcus Russell in for a tryout. Greatest bye week in Eagles history.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: charlie on November 02, 2010, 09:18:58 AM
Tim Hasselbeck was on Mike and Mike this morning talking about how the Eagles were never happy with his practicing either, that is was 11 years of asking him to pick up the tempo.

So McNabb doesn't know how to pick up the tempo in practice and coincidentally, the Eagles have been terrible in the 2min offense for a decade and Shanny would rather send Wrecks Grossman out there with the game on the line.  

Like most, I've thrown most of the blame towards Reid for the Eagles lackadaisical approach towards the hurry up offense but now I'm starting to second guess that and wonder if the problem wasn't more on McNabb than it was Reid.  I'm not exhonerating Reid from all the blame or from any of his other coaching faults, but it's starting to look more like McNabb was the main culprit with this particular issue.  

And once all the dust settled with the TO debacle, it really became apparent that McNabb was being just as much of a diva as TO, maybe even more.  And now you've got reports about Shanny & Co not being happy with McNabb's practice habits and new reports surfacing saying that Reid felt the same way.

As time goes on, I won't be surprised if any future complaints that the taterskins have with McNabb aren't later validated by people within the Eagles organization.  We know that Reid is very protective of his players, and was especially protective of McNabb and the fact that he was able to keep some of this stuff under wraps for 10 years is pretty impressive in today's world of rumors and gossip.  I think this ball of yarn might just be starting to unravel.  

I thought it was dumb to trade McNabb to a division rival.  Now, it's actually starting to look like a stroke of genius.    

MDS

we need to put J on suicide watch

this is what its come to for the "greatest qb in eagles history"
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

McNabb has the 3rd worst QB rating in the final 2 minutes of the half and the game.

The 2nd worst belongs to Kolbsy.  The Eagles are toats regretting the trade!

(Delhomme is the worst.)

hbionic

Quote from: MDS on November 02, 2010, 02:24:02 PM
we need to put J on suicide watch

this is what its come to for the "greatest qb in eagles history"

lol inmyhead
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05