Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 29, 2010, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

just say hes washed up and you were wrong for saying the eagles should have kept him

then we can all get on with our lives
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Washed up? Yeah, maybe. He would undoubtedly have better stats this year if he were still in Philly. He wasn't going to win the big one there, that's for sure.

He's past his prime and on the downward trend, and is in a new offense with a new coach for the first time in 11 years, and the team around him is crap. Combine that with his diminished skills and of course they look like shtein. And we will all enjoy watching it.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteEveryone,
Let's all take a deep breath and remember the rules on starting thread.

1. Use accurate, descriptive titles. This is not an option. Going forward, if you start a thread with a title such as "one thing I think..." or "Defense" or "Shanahan", it is going to be a vacation.

2. Do not troll, do not spam. This would include only starting threads after a loss, and dissapearing other times. This would also include starting multiple whining and bitching threads about the same subjects, attacking them from different angles. Trust us, your thoughts really are not that special. Put them in an existing thread.

3. Format articles correctly. Again, not an option. "Source: Title". Learn it. If this is too hard for you, don't start a thread.

4. Be sure your thread is not already posted. This is a biggie. No need to say more.

It really sucks to ban taterskin fans or place them in the No New Threads group during the season. Please, take a moment and read the rules... make this board a better place for all of us and make it so we don't have to ban anyone. That would be much better. Thanks.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteMcNabb, with a hammy, with contusion to the thigh PRIOR to the game - not counting the many he got IN THE GAME with all the sacks and being pulled down during his sprint - was playing hurt. He shouldn't have played the game. He should have sat this one out. A good one to set out. He didn't - praise him for that; but Shanny DIDN'T want anymore injury to McNabb (Shanny really respects this quarterback) so he pulled him and put in "what he thought would be the best chance DUE TO the quickness needed and the demand of the cardiovascular of a 2 minute drill in 1:45" Grossman- although neither quarterback had practiced the 2 minute drill without timeouts in 5 weeks.

I don't blame Mike S. nor do I blame McNabb or Grossman. But there is a Shanny I do question - he will have to prove to me that he has control of the Offense.

lol

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteMike Shanahan not happy with how Donovan McNabb practices
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 1, 2010 8:05 PM ET
taterskins coach Mike Shanahan can say his decision to bench quarterback Donovan McNabb at the end of Sunday's loss to the Lions was about Rex Grossman having a better handle on the two-minute offense, or about McNabb having problems with his cardiovascular conditioning.

But whatever Shanahan says publicly, there are growing indications that privately, he just doesn't think much of McNabb.

The latest indication comes from ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who reported Monday night that both Shanahan and his son and offensive coordinator, Kyle Shanahan, have been unhappy with the way McNabb practices. According to Mortensen, McNabb doesn't practice at the tempo that the taterskins' coaching staff wants to see from him.

And Mortensen says Shanahan even considered benching McNabb after the taterskins' win over the Eagles, a game in which the taterskins beat McNabb's former team despite McNabb going just 8-for-19 for 125 yards.

Mortensen calls Shanahan's displeasure with McNabb "The worst-kept secret in the league." After Sunday's benching, it's not a secret at all.

MDS

is that code for you were wrong and i was right?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

There are ten different excuses, but they don't necessarily contradict one another.

It is possible that McNabb is a lazy, hurt, out of shape QB who is too dumb to learn the plays, too choke-prone to conduct the two minute drill better than Rex Grossman, who Shanahan doesn't like personally and who is on the way out in Washington. And also he sucks.

shorebird

The big thing here is that McNabb no more has Reid to [igy]coddle[/igy] him. Shananhan is not the kind of coach who wants to be a players friend, and has no problem calling guys out no matter who they are. I'm sure that McNabbs easy going attitude, his joking, smiling and grinning like an idiot during practices doesn't go over well with Shanahan or his son.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Screamin' A now, shockingly, playing the race card.  Saying Shanny assumes Grossman is smarter because he's white.

charlie

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 01, 2010, 08:40:23 PM
QuoteMike Shanahan not happy with how Donovan McNabb practices
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 1, 2010 8:05 PM ET
taterskins coach Mike Shanahan can say his decision to bench quarterback Donovan McNabb at the end of Sunday's loss to the Lions was about Rex Grossman having a better handle on the two-minute offense, or about McNabb having problems with his cardiovascular conditioning.

But whatever Shanahan says publicly, there are growing indications that privately, he just doesn't think much of McNabb.

The latest indication comes from ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who reported Monday night that both Shanahan and his son and offensive coordinator, Kyle Shanahan, have been unhappy with the way McNabb practices. According to Mortensen, McNabb doesn't practice at the tempo that the taterskins' coaching staff wants to see from him.

And Mortensen says Shanahan even considered benching McNabb after the taterskins' win over the Eagles, a game in which the taterskins beat McNabb's former team despite McNabb going just 8-for-19 for 125 yards.

Mortensen calls Shanahan's displeasure with McNabb "The worst-kept secret in the league." After Sunday's benching, it's not a secret at all.

Tim Hasselbeck was on Mike and Mike this morning talking about how the Eagles were never happy with his practicing either, that is was 11 years of asking him to pick up the tempo.

Rome

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 02, 2010, 07:13:08 AM
Screamin' A now, shockingly, playing the race card.  Saying Shanny assumes Grossman is smarter because he's white.

I don't know which is worse... posting about that buffoon or posting snippets from ES here.

Dead heat, probably.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Now the talk is centering around McNabb's practice tempo and habits.

Practice?!?  We talkin' bout practice?!?