2010 Point & Laugh at the skins thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 29, 2010, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

From PFT a month and a half ago:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/02/in-hindsight-eagles-routinely-had-mcnabbs-back/

QuoteIn hindsight, Eagles routinely had McNabb's back
Posted by Mike Florio on November 2, 2010, 9:52 PM EST

Before the 2010 season began, taterskins quarterback Donovan McNabb bemoaned the treatment he received during 11 seasons in Philadelphia.

McNabb said, basically, that the team didn't do enough to publicly prop him up in the face of criticism from media and fans.

Given the manner in which the taterskins have treated McNabb, as expertly chronicled by Jason Whitlock of FOXSports.com, McNabb should be longing for Philly in the same way Randy Moss was longing for Foxboro.

"Now he can see what it looks like when no one has his back and the coach is more than happy to throw you under the bus with the truth," explained a source with knowledge of the situation when McNabb was in Philadelphia.  "Shanahan knew exactly what he was doing and what the consequences would be.  I'll bet McNabb longs for the days when he thinks the Eagles didn't defend him."

There were plenty of things the Eagles could have pointed out about McNabb, during his career or after trading him within the division.  McNabb struggled in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XXXIX, either due to lack of "cardiovascular endurance" or his inability to master the two-minute offense.  He didn't have many come-from-behind wins during his career.  He blamed young players for struggles against the Cowboys last year.  Those young players fully supported Kevin Kolb.

Through it all, the Eagles' organization has taken the high road.  In Washington, Shanahan hasn't, adding insult to injury by first benching McNabb and then telling shifting, inconsistent stories regarding the reasoning for the move.

Whitlock thinks Shanahan is protecting his son, Kyle, the team's offensive coordinator.  Regardless, Shanahan isn't protecting McNabb — and that highlights the fact that the Eagles did much more for McNabb than anyone ever realized during his tenure with the team.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD on December 17, 2010, 02:48:01 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on December 17, 2010, 02:42:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ismgwBoOmso

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

^This is what keeps me from feeling bad for him...he received a standing ovation from the fans and the Eagles organization traded him to a divisional rival to accommodate him. Then he pulls his little passive aggressive routine.

lol

PhillyPhreak54

It warms my heart to see ES and those icehole fans being shtein on again. Couldnt happen to a bigger group of douchebags.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Naturally.

I read some of those threads on ES and it cracks me up that some of them truly believe that Shanahan is trying to keep Garrett and Dallas guessing as to whom to prepare for; McNabb or Grossman. Like there's no tape on either of them.

General_Failure

I would have said that neither of them needs preparing for, but to each his own.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, but its allllllll part of Shanny's plan!

Shotty
Turner
Spurrier
Gibbs
Zorn
Shanananananahan

SD

In March, Andy Reid couldn't believe there weren't more teams in the NFL interested in trading less than a first-round pick for McNabb. In fact, there was only one: Washington. I've found out recently that the Raiders did not have a viable trade offer on the table; the Eagles could have gotten maybe a fourth-round pick from Oakland for him, but nothing like the offer headed by a second-rounder from Washington. Had the taterskins not come through with their offer, Reid probably would have held on to McNabb and let the best quarterback win the job in Philadelphia this year.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/17/week-15/index.html#ixzz18SUEnOMI

Rome

SD

Diomedes

I couldn't have dreamt up a better monkeyfarg than this.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Quote from: SD on December 17, 2010, 05:21:38 PM
Quote from: Rome on December 17, 2010, 05:16:01 PM
Someone explain how replacing any quarterback with Rex Grossman is a good idea.  Thx

If only they had Colt Brennan to fall back on

Last we heard here was that they were still scraping him off the highway in North Kona.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i wonder how art's grave feels about all of this

or is bubba the fat farg that croaked?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

The taterskins had the oldest team in the NFL coming into this season.  There is no light at the end of the tunnel.

TexasEagle

Bubba croaked. There's no telling what hole Art crawled into, but that crap TK spewed about Jedi mind tricks seemed like some stupid shtein Art would say.