2010 Point & Laugh at the skins thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 29, 2010, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

QuoteASHBURN, Va. -- Phillip Daniels has some stern words for Albert Haynesworth.

The veteran defensive lineman choked up Monday morning when talking about the latest Haynesworth distraction in the Washington taterskins' disappointing season.

Haynesworth was inactive for Sunday's loss to the New York Giants after an illness limited him at practice Friday.

Daniels says he hasn't missed a practice all year at age 37, even though he's been sick lately. He says Haynesworth hasn't fully grasped the concept of team, and that Haynesworth could be the NFL player of the year if fully committed to football.

Daniels says he has been through 15 seasons and hasn't won anything, so "if I can come out here and do this, don't tell me that you can't do it."

MDS

its times like this you're glad to see the taterskins have a strong, commanding leader in donovan mcnabb
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

what has he done for that team?  

anything?

I saw him laughing yesterday late in the game after missing Moss on a bomb

his interceptions are way up
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

hes been terrible but to be fair hes washed up and the team itself is horrendous

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I don't take pleasure in watching him play so poorly but at the same time, it makes me very happy knowing he's not an eagle anymore and I don't have to endure any more suffering at his expense.

shorebird

...and we don't have to see him grinning like an idiot after throwing a pick.

General_Failure

His face must hurt from all the grinning this year.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

the contrast btwn peyton mannings comments in rough times and donovan mcnabbs are striking

"I have to play better," Manning said late Sunday afternoon after his four interceptions led to 20 points in the Colts' 38-35 overtime loss to the Dallas Cowboys in front of 67,471 at Lucas Oil Stadium in downtown Indianapolis.

"I've got to make better decisions, and better reads. There was nothing new or different about the defense that Dallas was playing. The four interceptions, the guys were covered. The balls shouldn't have been thrown."

"Sometimes when guys are covered, you have to be able pull off of it and throw it away or come to another read," Manning said. "That is your job as a quarterback. We are still throwing the ball down the field, but you still have to protect it. The most important thing about every play is that you possess the ball at the end of that play.

"That is rule number one for a quarterback and I am not doing a good enough job of that."

vs.

"We showed our youth in situations where everyone began to look around to see who was going to make the play instead of stepping up and making that play," McNabb said. "And that's something that comes with the territory when you have a young group. And I think at this time, after discussing it with the guys, everybody understands that. All throughout the year we've had guys step up and make big plays for us when their name's called. Today it just didn't happen. And when you lose the way we did today in this fashion, obviously it is a humbling experience and we have to bounce back strong."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

come on that may be a little bit too much for j to take

SD

QuoteProFootballTalk The taterskins have announced that Albert Haynesworth has been suspended. Story coming at PFT.

BigEd76

Shanahan's press release:

Quote"Despite the club's numerous attempts to persuade Albert Haynesworth to abide by the terms of his contract, he has repeatedly refused to cooperate with our coaching staff in a variety of ways over an extended period of time.  Among other things, he has consistently indicated to our defensive coaches that he refuses to play in our base defense or on first-down or second-down nickel situations.  He has also refused to follow the instructions of our coaches both during weekly practices and during actual games as well.

Yesterday, when Albert was at taterskin Park, he told our General Manager Bruce Allen that he would no longer speak with me.  Although suspending any player is not a decision that a head coach enters into lightly, I believe the situation has reached the point where the club clearly has no alternative."

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

So when do we see him doing sit ups laying down in his driveway?

PhillyPhreak54

taterskins split practice reps between McNabb and Rex this week in case 5 struggles; if he does, he will be benched for Grossman

Ronde Barber gonna get him a pick today.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous