2010 Point & Laugh at the skins thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 29, 2010, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 17, 2010, 02:17:56 PM
hello 4th rounder

I love you PPinDC, but vigy just summed up those seven hundred smally font quoted words in three nice big easy to read words
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

DH

wonder when the taterskins will learn that you build a team through the draft - not by trading picks for washed up homos like brown and mcnabb...hopefully never.

Diomedes

That won't happen as long as Dan Snyder is calling the shots.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

I thought that Snyder was going to take a back seat and let Bruce Allen and Shanahan make the personnel decisions.  So, I guess they're idiots too.

That said they didn't go after any other expensive veterans this off-season, and they can still cut ties with McNabb after 2010.  It could even be argued that they should have tried harder to get someone like Vincent Jackson or Anquan Boldin, because their offensive skill players are simply atrocious.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote"Ringing Endorsement": What Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen gave ex-Broncos coach Mike Shanahan  during private conversations with Snyder last year. Bowlen had fired Shanahan after the 2008 season with three years remaining on a massive contract. With Bowlen's blessing, Snyder hired Shanahan, thereby taking Bowlen off the hook for about $7 million of the money that was still owed on his contract.

Pat Bowlen 1
Dan Snyder 0

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuoteWhy did Washington taterskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth appear to  lie down and stop trying during a live play in his team's 59-28 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night? Page 2 presents the Top 10 reasons:

1. Thought shuttle cone conditioning test was already over

2. Upset that his "Madden NFL 11" loafing rating isn't a 99

3. Enjoys long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners and the feeling of wet grass between his fingertips

4. Believed he had made tackle, then realized the mass under him was just his stomach

5. Still in shock that Princess Di's ring fit Kate Middleton's finger perfectly

6. Still in shock that Donovan McNabb was actually benched for Rex Grossman

7. Just following orders to worry less about individual statistics, such as sacks

8. Wasn't going to catch Michael Vick anyway

9. Auditioning for Life Call endorsement

10. Gravity

SD

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-tuesday-night/

Quote"taterskins owner Daniel Snyder thought his team could beat the Eagles on Monday night. When the end result was a 59-28 thrashing by their NFC East rivals, Snyder slipped into a funk.

"The next day, I'm in the tank," Snyder said at a Wednesday evening appearance at the University of Maryland, per Rick Maese of the Washington Post. "Talked to Mike [Shanahan] last night — I was still in pajamas, so . . . ."
Snyder had more to say about the 31-point defeat, Philly's biggest victory margin over the taterskins since 1950, when the Eagles swept D.C. 35-3 and 33-0.

"No. 1, it's embarrassing. And I felt terrible for all our fans," Snyder said. "Monday night, we were jacked up and tailgating was spectacular, team got in a fight before the game back and forth. I'm like, 'Okay, we're going to take them.' And then that guy [Michael Vick] ran all over the place, threw the ball perfectly and got on us before we knew what hit us. And occasionally that's going to happen."

Right, but the occasions are fewer and farther between for the league's best teams. And despite Snyder's resources and the team's revenues, he simply can't put the taterskins among the finest franchises in all of football.

Consider this — in 11 years under Snyder, the taterskins have qualified for the playoffs only three times. They've secured only one division title, way back in 1999.

But, hey, at least they've got Donovan McNabb under contract for the next five years."

PoopyfaceMcGee

No doubt he is a huge skins fan.  It just proves that if you get really rich, buying your favorite sports team is not necessarily a good idea.  Heck, look at Lurie... Boston guy through and through.  He probably would have torched the Pats if he outbid Kraft.

Eagles_Legendz

"I read that DC-area McDonald's restaurants are putting "The McNabb" burger on the menu. You order it and the cashier throws it at your feet."

From ES.