2010 Point & Laugh at the skins thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 29, 2010, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

I remember when the Eagles first traded McNabb Baldy said they weren't scared to trade him within the division because they had been hiding his flaws for so many years.  Looks like there is some truth to that. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MDS

they couldnt hide 2 key flaws: his awful personality and his disinterest in games when there's 2 minutes to go
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

ive said for years his two biggest faults were having no intestinal fortitude and having a desire to win but not a desire to not lose

these are two things that have always explained why he is horrible at the most critical times...no urgency because he doesnt care if they lose and no ability to stand tall at the toughest most critical times because he has no inner strength

i have to completely laugh how there are all these shocking reports now coming out about mcnabb...where has everyone been for the last decade?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

Quote from: MDS on November 02, 2010, 02:24:02 PM
we need to put J on suicide watch

this is what its come to for the "greatest qb in eagles history"

Regardless of how badly McNabb's career trainwrecks to an end, he still is the greatest qb in eagles history

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 02, 2010, 02:26:13 PM
McNabb has the 3rd worst QB rating in the final 2 minutes of the half and the game.

The 2nd worst belongs to Kolbsy.  The Eagles are toats regretting the trade!

(Delhomme is the worst.)

Aaron Rodgers was 4th on the list

Hawk

Are some of you really implying that Reid is also not to blame for the 4th quarter ineptitude?   

I think these stories just  make me realize that they may be the worst qb/coach combo in history for clock  management and two minute drills.  These stories do nothing in vindicating Reid especially since he covered it up.

ice grillin you

yeah reid has some splainin to do as to why he rode the bedwetters back for more than a decade....but thats been the case since feb 2005

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 02, 2010, 03:02:17 PM
i have to completely laugh how there are all these shocking reports now coming out about mcnabb...where has everyone been for the last decade?

in awe of 4 td games against bad packers teams and wild card playoff wins over tavaris jackson
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Hawk

Mcnabb was a great quarterback... just not a clutch, super bowl winning, one.

ice grillin you

he was never a great qb...well i guess depending on your definition of great

he did have one great year

SD

Lets see how many media types that questioned this move and say the fans ran him out of town come out now and say they were wrong. I'll set the over under at  -/+ 0

Sgt PSN

IMO. there is a very short list of great QB's who never won a super bowl. Marino and maybe Jim Kelly.  Now that I've been able to look back over McNabb's career, he was a very good QB who made some spectular plays over the last 11 years. But he's not great.

ice grillin you

i dont even need their mea culpas...i just want someone somewhere to put together one huge file of all their articles and soundbites

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 02, 2010, 03:02:17 PM
ive said for years his two biggest faults were having no intestinal fortitude and having a desire to win but not a desire to not lose

these are two things that have always explained why he is horrible at the most critical times...no urgency because he doesnt care if they lose and no ability to stand tall at the toughest most critical times because he has no inner strength

I think a lot of us were trying to give him some leeway...but really he just showed time and time again that he will come up short when it matters most. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 02, 2010, 03:37:19 PM
IMO. there is a very short list of great QB's who never won a super bowl. Marino and maybe Jim Kelly.  Now that I've been able to look back over McNabb's career, he was a very good QB who made some spectular plays over the last 11 years. But he's not great.

mos def fouts and moon and theres probably a few more.....but not many

SunMo

Quote from: SD on November 02, 2010, 03:33:49 PM
Lets see how many media types that questioned this move and say the fans ran him out of town come out now and say they were wrong. I'll set the over under at  -/+ 0

almost all of them are now questioning Shannahan.  it's unreal.  Andy was idiot for getting rid of him, but now with a real coach who understands how to use a quarterback, Donovan will be great.  but now it's, "what an idiot Shanahan is for benching Donovan.  poor donovan!"
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.