2010 Point & Laugh at the skins thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 29, 2010, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

I'm so out of the loop with player names. Who the hell is Hns?

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

I wish I had more time today to truly enjoy ES, the Mcnabb threads are great.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

90% are saying Shannahan's an idiot and that the problem is the O-line. Then you find sound rational people like this guy:

QuoteMcNabb has the 25th worst QB rating in the league. He's got 7 TD's and 8 INT's. He's scored 3 TD's in the second half of games and thrown 7 INT's in those same quarters. He's led us to 4 wins and 3 losses. In those 4 wins:

Dallas week 1 - Defense scored the only TD
Eagles week 4 - Defense knocked out Vick and held on to the win
Green Bay week 5 - Defense knocked players out the game and held onto win
Chicago week 6 - Defense with 4 INT's won that game

In fact in our four wins he's produced the following:

66 completions
132 attempts
3 TD
4 INTs

For what reason are you wanting him to stay here long term? Could it be that he's getting too much credit for these wins? In none of those wins did he throw more then 1 TD in a game and he threw multiple picks in one game and had a pick in 3 out of 4 games. Is this the best we can do? I expect more.

I no longer care what we gave up for him. If you said to me by the bye week we would trade a 2nd and a 3rd round pick for a QB with those numbers I would have said no thank you to the trade. He's not living up to the billing but then again I have to believe the Eagles knew he was in decline when they traded him to us. People wonder why they did that and to me this is the reason. A 34 year old QB with diminishing skills isn't worth a long term deal. If he plays this way after the bye I'm not sure I want him either next year. He is a name but I am tired of names. I want production. If he produces then he can stay. That is the beauty of this situation now. If he wants to leave next year then he will need to produce the rest of the season. If he does that we could tag him if we wanted. If he continues this type of production I want a new QB and I can't see the market being to high for his services. It's up to McNabb to produce now. I hope he answers the bell and doesn't quit but if he's actually that immature to quit then so be it. You win some and lose some

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

97.5 The Fanatic is carrying the Shannahan presser at 3, then the McNabb presser at 3:45

http://www.975thefanatic.com/listen-live/

MDS

Quote from: hbionic on November 01, 2010, 12:20:21 PM
I was listening on Colin Cowherd or Dan Patrick....that Donovan McNabb, since 2005 when the eagles were losing or tied and it was 2 minutes or less to go in the game...he had a record of 2-12.

He are winnar.

what were the 2? he had the bucs comeback but the thought to be gw score was a screen pass that westbrook did everything on. mcnabb was puking in that game. does that count even though they didnt win?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

they lost the bucs game on a 76 yard fg

unless you are thinking of the taterskins game where westbrook had the amazing run off the screen

MDS

that might be 1 but i think that td came before 2 minutes to go.

one might be the denver game last year where he got a first down and akers kicked like a 45 yd fg to beat a team that had lost 30 games in a row
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

the game against the Skins at the Linc last year right after Thanksgiving....another one Akers won

ice grillin you

the tampa game was a two minute type comeback but i thought you were referring to the 2-12 record that was posted.....all im saying is he didnt win the game so it couldnt have been one of the two

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2010, 03:03:04 PM
they lost the bucs game on a 76 yard fg

unless you are thinking of the taterskins game where westbrook had the amazing run off the screen

ah, igy, it was 77 yards.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 01, 2010, 03:10:10 PM
the game against the Skins at the Linc last year right after Thanksgiving....another one Akers won

3-8 team at the team btw

drive start at 5:35...he could still take his time and get playcalls from the booth. basically have people think for him.

denver game they started the drive from the broncos 42. 1:41 on clock. again, really short field.

so those are his 2 comebacks. 2 field goals. 2 bad teams. 2 situations where you can hardly say he even had to try and run a 2 minute offense.

he sucks.

ice grillin you

i can only speak for myself but i would have traded that denver comeback for one against the cardinals in the nfcc game

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2010, 03:24:17 PM
i can only speak for myself but i would have traded that denver comeback for one against the cardinals in the nfcc game

In the Denver comeback he admitted that game saving pass to Maclin on the sidelines was a fluke...he was trying to throw it away and it worked out.