NFL Draft 2010

Started by ice grillin you, February 17, 2010, 02:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Holmgren on Clausen: "I wish I liked him more"
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 21, 2010 6:33 PM ET
Mike Holmgren has picked up two quarterbacks this offseason, and says he plans to draft another.

Just don't expect Holmgren to select one in the first two rounds.  Holmgren never has drafted a quarterback that early before, and he doesn't plan to this year.

"This year it would be pretty hard to use the second [round] pick to get a quarterback. It would be pretty hard for me," Holmgren said to Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.  "Next year might be easier. . . . But I'd have to have another second-round pick [to take a quarterback in the second round]."

Holmgren seems likely to have a chance to take Jimmy Clausen with the seventh overall pick.  But that's not going to happen either.

"I wish I liked [Clausen] more," Holmgren said. "You know how you have a type of player that you like? It's not scientific. People like him a lot. He'll go high. But it would be hard for me [to take him]."

Wow.  Unless that's a serious misdirection play, Holmgren's candor shows why he wanted to invest so much in veteran quarterbacks this offseason.  

Ouch.

PhillyGirl

Ouch as in copy and paste fail? Or ouch Holmgren is a douche?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

Jimmy Clausen is a colossal douche
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Drunkmasterflex

QuotePer a league source, after the person administering the test to Tebow's group had finished, Tebow made a request that the players bow their heads in prayer before taking the 50-question exam.

Said one of the other players in response:  "Shut the f--k up."  Others players in the room then laughed.

I so hope this is true, the only thing more annoying than Tebow's gay god bless shtein is the verbal blowjobs that ESPN gives Farva.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Sgt PSN

no.  tebow is worse.  at least espn is getting caked off on the favrefest.  tebow on the other hand, gets nothing. 

MDS

he gets the false sense of superiority because he believes in whatever flying spaghetti monster in the sky his nustso parents told him to believe in
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 23, 2010, 11:45:39 PM
no.  tebow is worse.  at least espn is getting caked off on the favrefest.  tebow on the other hand, gets nothing. 

He might get a tax break if he uses his rookie contract to build a mega church.

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

Oh no! There's a pot epidemic.

QuoteSome players suspected of marijuana use in college in recent years, Philadelphia receiver DeSean Jackson and Minnesota receiver-return man Percy Harvin most notably, have been two of the top offensive players in the draft the past two years. Their early success in the NFL has possibly led some teams to take a more lenient approach to drafting talented players who are suspected of collegiate marijuana use, one team front office executive said.

"If you passed on Jackson and you passed on Harvin the past two years, maybe you can't afford to just completely write off that kind of prospect every time, or you won't have a job at some point because you won't win any games,'' one team front office executive said.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

its no different than booze
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on March 23, 2010, 09:47:28 PM
QuotePer a league source, after the person administering the test to Tebow's group had finished, Tebow made a request that the players bow their heads in prayer before taking the 50-question exam.

Said one of the other players in response:  "Shut the f--k up."  Others players in the room then laughed.

I so hope this is true, the only thing more annoying than Tebow's gay god bless shtein is the verbal blowjobs that ESPN gives Farva.

Haha... I don't know who said it but GET.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteTebow denies Wonderlic incident
Posted by Mike Florio on March 24, 2010 6:04 PM ET
So I had a telephone conversation today with quarterback Tim Tebow.

Ever heard of him?

He reached out, via agent Jimmy Sexton, in response to Tuesday night's story regarding the incident during the Wonderlic testing at the Scouting Combine.  As a league source told us, Tebow said something in the testing room about saying a prayer.  And then another player said something in response.  And then some of the other players laughed.

But Tebow says it didn't happen.

"Not one single word of it is true," Tebow told me.

Tebow has a very genuine and disarming way about him.  There's an innocence and kindness in his voice that conflicts with the image of a highly successful college quarterback, who was arguably one of the best college football players of all time.

He was nevertheless firm and resolute in his denial.

"One of the number one things for me is being someone of character and when I say something people can take it to the bank," Tebow said.  "That story is absolutely not true."

Tebow then named several of the other players who were in the room, and he invited me to check his version with each of them.

Tebow explained that he said nothing to the group of roughly 100 players, and he said that he spoke only to BYU quarterback Max Hall.

After talking to Tebow, I immediately contacted the source for the story, who agreed with my assessment that Tebow is "the real deal."  But the source didn't back down.

It's possible that Tebow made a comment intended for Hall that was overheard by another player, who then made a profane comment in response that was not heard by Tebow.  Still, Sexton told me in a follow-up e-mail that Tebow "never said anything remotely close" to what had been attributed to him.

We'll keep digging on this one.  We're confident that our source didn't make it up, but we were impressed by Tebow's willingness to reach out and explain his position.  Though I'm usually even more skeptical when someone tells me multiple times in a seven-minute conversation that he always tells the truth, when Tebow said it I believed it.

That said, there has to be a way to harmonize the two stories.  Tebow believes he's telling the truth, and I believe our source.  We'll keep after this one and report back when we have more.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Tebow is a religious too bag but other than that stupid commercial, doesn't seem to be one intent on spreading the disease of religion to ohters.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I live an hour from Gainesville, Munson.  As someone who has spent the last four years being assaulted by everything Tebow, I can assure you he's as nauseating a holy roller douchebag as you could ever imagine.