ice grillin you

are luge and bobsled run on the same track
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 25, 2010, 12:55:46 PM
Quote from: KDS on February 25, 2010, 12:04:12 PM
how epic would a canada/us final be? oh sweet lord. it would easily be the highest rated hockey game in history. but i guess igy will be busy fingering ed sniders icehole, waiting for the flyers to play the canucks in mid june when its 95 degrees outside and only a handful of white people care.

i dont care about tv ratings...if i did id watch american idol...luckily i watch what i enjoy not what i think im supposed to or what other robots tell me is good

flyers on tv are better than anything in the world except the sixers eagles and phillies

the fact that its going to get like 15 mil viewers doesnt make me any more or less inclined to watch, its just interesting to point out that a sport that attracts little to no attention can creep up on any non-football sports numbers.

and notice how its not being done in june when the hurricanes face off with the lightning on versus
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

me giving you a reach around would get like a five share if it was broadcast within the olympics

MDS

they got 8 million for a game on msnbc that was at the same time as ice dancing.

old white women eat up the olympics like its a church pamphlet but they arent gonna sit for 3 hours and watch a friggin hockey game.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

sure there are...and even if ice dancing syphons off some of them they are more than made up for by the tons of male non hockey fans who will watch it because its olympics

but put the canada cup or the world junior championships on in the us and its gets 342 viewers

even sarge will watch a us gold medal game

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 25, 2010, 03:00:59 PM

doubtful. I'll probably be watching the ice dancing finals at the vee eff dubya

Seabiscuit36

I love me some Canader cups and WJC's 

And they are on in the US, NHL Network. 

My buddy's bro works for a company that does advertising for the NHL.  Apparently Team USA's jersey is beyond impossible to get, something like 200 were made by Nike, and my boy is getting one.  Probably getting Kane or Parise.  I hate the Devils, but Parise is just a stud. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 25, 2010, 03:00:59 PM
sure there are...and even if ice dancing syphons off some of them they are more than made up for by the tons of male non hockey fans who will watch it because its olympics

but put the canada cup or the world junior championships on in the us and its gets 342 viewers

exactly

so shouldnt that signal that the only good form of hockey we are exposed to is this random 2 week tourney?

Sgt PSN

no, it simply signals that a lot of people who normally couldn't give a shtein about hockey will watch the olympic team because it makes them feel all patriotic and shtein. 

i'm patriotic enough as it is.  don't need to watch hockey simply for the sake of trying to feel better about this country. 

MDS

not really. im not watching it because im patriotic, im watching it for the same reason i would watch a late round flyers playoff game but not ones involving any other team. thats the way people think about hockey.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 25, 2010, 05:29:17 PM
no, it simply signals that a lot of people who normally couldn't give a shtein about hockey will watch the olympic team because it makes them feel all patriotic and shtein. 

i'm patriotic enough as it is.  don't need to watch hockey simply for the sake of trying to feel better about this country. 

jesus how hard is this to understand

for god sakes curling gets good ratings in the olympics

ice grillin you

smeags

first time milbury ever said anything worth repeating.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

phattymatty

i've really enjoyed he and JR going back and forth during this tournament.  good television.