Super Bowl XLIV-Colts vs Saints

Started by reese125, January 31, 2010, 06:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC_Eagle

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 07, 2010, 11:45:18 PM
Eskin is giddy about Peyton failing again.  9-9 playoff record and only 1 SB to go with his 4 MVPs

Yeah I saw that, he's trying to pass Peyton off as a choke artist. Just like that int Favre threw to end his career has eliminated any chance he has of making it to Canton.  :paranoid

Things I've read actually put the blame on Wayne for cutting his route short.
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

Diomedes

Also, farg Tim Tebow and the scumbags at Focus on the Family.  Gang of christian fundies hell bent on destroying America.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: NC_Eagle on February 08, 2010, 06:55:07 AM
Things I've read actually put the blame on Wayne for cutting his route short.

it was a curious at best pathetic at worst route....it wasnt even that he cut it short he just couldnt get to his spot in time because for some unexplainable reason he did 15 stutter steps before going into his cut...that being said it still would have at the very least been broken up by the corner

and i agree for it being a close game in the 4th and a good amount pts put up it was an extremely boring game...and this is because there were no big offensive plays...brees and manning are so friggin accuaret that they can go a whole game with just pinpoiinting 5-12 yard outs slants and flat routes...and thats pretty much what happened...saints especially seemed to run the same three plays the entire game

Quote from: Diomedes on February 08, 2010, 07:05:13 AM
Also, farg Tim Tebow and the scumbags at Focus on the Family.  Gang of christian fundies hell bent on destroying America.

i have to give them credit they are doing a pretty good job so far
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

Why is everyone so surprised the Saints won? Both teams were about even offensively and I thought the Saints had the upper hand on D. Turns out they did. If it wasn't for Peytons freakish accuracy and Addai, this wasn't even a game. Sean Payton is a real coach, and as much as I hate how much he's owned Reid, ya gotta respect what they did at half-time. They came out firing and never looked back. I thought it was a pretty good game, it was close all the way til the pick 6.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 08, 2010, 09:53:40 AM
it was a curious at best pathetic at worst route....it wasnt even that he cut it short he just couldnt get to his spot in time because for some unexplainable reason he did 15 stutter steps before going into his cut...that being said it still would have at the very least been broken up by the corner

he was gotten to by some bad people who bet the Saints...that bad route and the drop at the endzone late in the game.  fix was in.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

That game sucked.  And watching yet another team win before the Eagles sucked even harder.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on February 08, 2010, 02:59:40 PM
That game sucked.  And watching yet another team win before the Eagles sucked even harder.

that was my only real reason for wanting the colts to win.  i didn't have a preference of one team over the other.  in fact, from a football fan standpoint, i find both teams fun to watch because they're so good and the don't have any players that i can really hate on. 

but the fact that another team that is historically horrible has won a sb before the eagles is a bitter pill to swallow. 

at this point, my only hope is that the eagles win one before any of the more recent expansion teams do.....jags, panthers and browns. 

Eagaholic

QuoteThe Nielson Co. said today that Super Bowl XLIV was the most-watched program in American television history.

According to Nielson, 106.5 million people watched the Saints beat the Colts. That surpasses the previous record of 105.97 million viewers by the finale of M*A*S*H.

Also, Kendra is the new Jessica Simpson

MDS

with population increases its not the highest rating ever (a rating is essentially the percentage of the country thats watching)

but still impressive. any combo of cowboys/favre/giants vs. pats/steelers/manning will get into the 110's or 120's
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

Sgt PSN

i can only think of 4 commercials yesterday that i really enjoyed. 

lebron vs howard: mikey d's - my personal fave. 

keep yo hands off my mama: doritos

brett favre 2020 nfl mvp: hyundai

stevie wonder punch dub: volkswagon

the google one was cool but nothing fancy.  betty white snickers was decent. 

massive failures were every coke commercial, every bud/bud light commercial except for the human bridge...pretty good. 

etrade talking babies (enough already, it wasn't funny to begin with), the intel commercial with the robot, the doritos commercial with the dog, the charles barkley taco bell commercial, godaddy.com commercials....not only are the super bowl commercials retarded but i actually logged on to their website the watch the full version.  i wish i hadn't.  denny's with their stupid farging chicken commercials were horrible, although i'm pretty sure they turned on thawk.  so good for him. 

emerald nuts has a long standing tradition of making horrible commercials and they lowered the bar even more this year by teaming up with pop secret. 

oh well, better luck next year. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 08, 2010, 03:38:17 PMi find both teams fun to watch because they're so good and the don't have any players that i can really hate on.

Sgt PSN

meh, he's a douche but since being ousted from ny, he hasn't really had the same media exposure or opportunities to say stupid shtein to the masses. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on February 08, 2010, 11:54:17 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 08, 2010, 09:53:40 AM

he was gotten to by some bad people who bet the Saints...that bad route and the drop at the endzone late in the game.  fix was in.

You sound like the drunkard who was at the craps table with me while in Vegas. Dude wouldn't shut up about the fix being in for the game and had like 6 pages of prop bets he kept trying to get me to look at.