2009 Playoff Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, January 09, 2010, 05:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

so andy's 1-4 in NFC championship games and he's not a historical choker....McNabb is 1-4 in NFC championship games and he is a historical choker.

Got it.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

i didn't realize that it was Rivers' fault that 9 points were left on the field in missed field goals, gotcha
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

why even attempt to talk to munson

not only is he an extremely stupid human being, but a giant glass completely full homer. sickening in fact. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

Quote from: KDS on January 18, 2010, 02:39:41 AM
good lord

hes had loads of talent. and while andy is a bad coach he is not on the level of historic choking that norv turner is.

and i called rivers the new mcnabb. he has a chance to maybe break out of that only because the status quo has changed so much on that team. rivers hasnt been there for all the shortcomings.

plus rivers isnt the pouty loser that mcnabb is. that job goes to tomlinson. the shot of him on the bench after the jets went up 17-7 told you all you needed to know. weve seen that same exact "what else can go wrong/the world has it for me" look on the donovans face numerous times.

sometimes you need to change things because its just not going to work no matter how you shake it. such is the case the chargers and such is the case with the eagles.

I really get angry watching you try to be football savvy. please stick to tv ratings son

Tomahawk

Quote from: SunMo on January 18, 2010, 09:38:31 AM
i didn't realize that it was Rivers' fault that 9 points were left on the field in missed field goals, gotcha

It was his fault they had to settle for field goal attempts instead of TDs?

MDS

some people just arent good enough. im one of those people. so is rivers. and so is mcnabb. we all know one when we see one.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

It's just funny watching you dolts throw out some of the same excuses for him that you swear are McNabb's fault on this team.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

methdeez

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 17, 2010, 08:40:30 PM
Colts open at 7.5 and will probably jump to 9
I am thinking over betting on this Colts game.
In the Chargers game SD was playing against themselves as well as the Jets and unsurprisingly lost.  Also, the Bengals are a mediocre team who had an unlucky day.
IMHO the Ravens are the same team as the Jets, except better in almost all aspects: Both teams have a great defensive with a good running game and not-so-good QB'ing.
However, the Ravens defense is better, their running game is arguably better, and their QB is definitely better, and they got murdered by the Colts.
Therefore I think that the Colts will destroy the Jets.
The only counter argument is that Peyton played out of his mind this weekend and the Colts got a bunch of luck.
If those two reverse, I guess the Jets could win, but honestly I just can't see it.
They are by far the worst team in the Playoffs right now.

SunMo

i wouldn't say the ravens defense is better
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

Yeah the Ravens D is overrated anymore...still good, but not what they were for most of the 00's.

Tomahawk

Quote from: SunMo on January 18, 2010, 02:37:54 PM
i wouldn't say the ravens defense is better

I wouldn't call their run game better either

Tomahawk

Prince's new "fight" song for the Vikings is hilariously bad

reese125

I got a feeling that the Jets are going to pull this out in a real close game. I think Revis plays on Dallas Clark a lot this game--which could very well affect the 3rd down opps, and Wayne consistently gets over the top help from the Jets safety. That could leave the middle of the field open for Collie and Garcon, but can they come up consistently against that d. Tack on a very mediocre Colts running game and this is a good match up.

There was a stat I posted a couple of weeks that of the top 4 scoring defenses in the league, one has made the SB since 02. This year it was the Pats, Ravens, Cowboys and the Jets...and to top it off the last time both No. 1 seeds reached Super Bowl the same season was 1993 (this is of course saying if the saints win).

take your money out boys.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 22, 2010, 05:56:25 PM
Prince's new "fight" song for the Vikings is hilariously bad

i just heard it for the first time last night and found 2 things i previously didn't think were possible.

1.  that price was capable of composing such an awful pile of crap. 

2.  that anyone was capable of creating something that out-sucks the actual vikings fight song. 

Tomahawk

Can't directly link to the audio, but if you hate your eardrums you can listen to the full song here:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/sports/prince-reveals-song-for-vikings-saints-game

Purple and Gold Lyrics

the veil of the sky draws open
the roar of the chariots touch down
we r the ones who have now come again
and walk upon water like solid ground
as we approach the throne we won't bow down
this time we won't b denied

raise every voice and let it b known
in the name of the purple and gold

we come in the name of the purple and gold
all of the odds r in r favor
no prediction 2 bold