2009 Playoff Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, January 09, 2010, 05:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

I love watching Kurt Warner in the playoffs.  He fits the football through windows better than anyone I've seen come crunch time.  Should be fun watching them against the Saints next week.

ice grillin you

he had more td passes than incompletions yesterday

on 33 attempts

that is mind boggling
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

cant see how either defense will hold in the saints vs cards game. the over/under should be set at 75

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 11, 2010, 12:20:04 PM
he had more td passes than incompletions yesterday

on 33 attempts

that is mind boggling

i'm trying to figure out how he didn't have a perfect qb rating at the end of the game.  i've seen qb's with lesser comp % and td passes end up with a perfect score.  hell, warner himself had a perfect rating in 08 against the dolphins with less attempts, completions, lower comp %, fewer yards and fewer td's. 

of course, qb rating is a joke...and his qb rating from that game proves it.  warner was as perfect as can be yesterday and anyone with half a brain can figure that out on their own.

ice grillin you

as ludicrous as it sounds it appears to me that he didnt get a perfect rating because he had to many attempts

reese125

the only one I can remember that came close to this is Manning who went 22-26-377, 5 TDs vs. Denver in the wild card came on 1/4/04--he had a 158.3 rating

ice grillin you

manning also would have done it against the chiefs i think but he threw an int

dave kreig also did it in the playoffs...as did terry bradshaw...i think only five people ever have done it but i dont know the other two

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 11, 2010, 01:14:18 PM
as ludicrous as it sounds it appears to me that he didnt get a perfect rating because he had to many attempts

that's what i was thinking too.  so i looked it up. 

35 different qb's have done it a total of 58 times and the overwhelming majority of them did it with 25 or less attempts in a game.   only 2 have gotten a perfect rating with 30 or more attempts.  warner (30 att) in 2000 against the chargers and ken o'brien (32 att) in 1986 against the seahawks. 

link

QuoteTo qualify, a QB must attempt at least 10 passes, a minimum of a 77.5% completion percentage, 11.875% touchdown passes percentage, 12.5 yards or more per attempt, and no interceptions.

the yds per attempt seems to be what kept him from getting the perfect rating because he "only" averaged 11.5 ypa.

Don Ho

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 11, 2010, 12:14:47 PM
I love watching Kurt Warner in the playoffs.  He fits the football through windows better than anyone I've seen come crunch time.  Should be fun watching them against the Saints next week.

Could not agree with you more.  I am finally starting to appreciate this guy.  Dude looks like shtein for 1 3/4 quarters last year in the NFCG and when it was time to seal the deal he takes over the game.  Almost pulled it off again in the Super Bowl.  The Cards better start praying (which Warner loves to do) now he comes back next year.  Whole different team with Lienert at the helm.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on January 11, 2010, 02:55:28 PM
The Cards better start praying (which Warner loves to do) now he comes back next year.  Whole different team with Mcnabb at the helm.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

reese125

good luck on those slants Fitz

PhillyPhreak54

If ARZ beats NO, then MIN has to rape Dallas even more to keep them from hosting an NFCCG.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 11, 2010, 10:25:55 PM
If ARZ beats NO, then MIN has to rape Dallas even more to keep them from hosting an NFCCG.

yeah that stadium is a more appropriate venue for a televangelist or walmart shareholder meeting than any kind of football championship. gotta keep that shtein out of there.

PhillyPhreak54

I laid out that scenario to the jerkoff Cowboys fans around here today. Most of them cannot fathom how I would root against Dallas. Why? Because its the NFC East and I should represent them.

They clearly don't understand that I hold grudges, that my DNA as an Eagles fan would never allow me to root for that team and because I flat out hate them.

If Wade Phillips and Tony Romo win a SB before Reid and McNabb I will kill myself or move to Iceland and start a goat farm.