2009 Playoff Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, January 09, 2010, 05:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 11, 2010, 10:38:18 PM
I laid out that scenario to the jerkoff Cowboys fans around here today. Most of them cannot fathom how I would root against Dallas. Why? Because its the NFC East and I should represent them.

They clearly don't understand that I hold grudges, that my DNA as an Eagles fan would never allow me to root for that team and because I flat out hate them.

If Wade Phillips and Tony Romo win a SB before Reid and McNabb I will kill myself or move to Iceland and start a goat farm.

oh sweet jesus your delusion is worse than i thought. you cannot be saved.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Tomahawk

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 11, 2010, 10:38:18 PM
I laid out that scenario to the jerkoff Cowboys fans around here today. Most of them cannot fathom how I would root against Dallas. Why? Because its the NFC East and I should represent them.

They clearly don't understand that I hold grudges, that my DNA as an Eagles fan would never allow me to root for that team and because I flat out hate them.

If Wade Phillips and Tony Romo win a SB before Reid and McNabb I will kill myself or move to Iceland and start a goat farm.

Unless you really really really want to swallow a bullet or farg goats, you should probably avoid statements like that

Eagaholic

Romo and Wade will probably be around longer than Reid and 5. dallas already has their one playoff win for the decade to coast on.

Rome

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 12, 2010, 12:40:37 AM
Unless you really really really want to swallow a bullet or farg goats, you should probably avoid statements like that

It worked out pretty well for Yeti.

ice grillin you

lololol....rex ryan is the best

"A number I think is interesting would be eight, and, no, that's not the amount of touchdown passes that Green Bay gave up against Arizona. That is the number of touchdown passes we gave up all season as the Jets, and the biggest reason for that is Darrelle Revis."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Eagaholic

where does Rex get that from?

Btw, Buddy never would have let this team lose to dallas like they did this year

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Eagaholic on January 12, 2010, 09:28:01 PM
Btw, Buddy never would have let this team lose to dallas like they did this year

regular season games are debatable.  post season is another story though as buddy won exactly 0 playoff games.  great personality.  great defensive mind.  probably below average as a head coach though.   but it's impossible not to love the guy anyway.   

ice grillin you

regular season really wasnt debatable....buddy lost exactly one non strike game to dallas and that was the first time he ever played them and most times he humiliated them....thats basically what he lived for...to beat dallas

buddy = GOAT

Sgt PSN

i say debatable because dallas was a superior team this year and the eagles defense sucks balls.  not sure if even buddy would have made a difference. 

but yes, buddy's record vs dallas was damn near perfect and to top it all of, he had a genuine hatred for them just as the fans do.  reid doesn't hate anything.  except diets, timeouts and running the ball. 

ice grillin you

i cant see buddy ever losing to dallas in any year but then rex ryan might be my son

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 12, 2010, 09:41:24 PM
regular season really wasnt debatable....buddy lost exactly one non strike game to dallas and that was the first time he ever played them and most times he humiliated them....thats basically what he lived for...to beat dallas

buddy = GOAT

Yes, Buddy hated dallas as much as any of the players. I wish I could remember who Buddy told this to, but after he lost that game to dallas he said he would never let that happen again, and he didn't. You bring up a good point Sarge about him losing in the playoffs, but I have to believe if there's a team they would beat, it would have been the cowboys. bounty or not.

MDS

buddy was basically mcnabb except 10000x cooler

rich kotite = kevin kolb
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 12, 2010, 09:58:19 PM
Go Jets.

i was trying to think of which team i'd be "rooting" for now that the eagles are out.  the packers were my fall back since my g/f is a packers fan and i really like their team as a whole.....lots of good players who are fun to watch.  but obviously they are out too.   

they're probably the least favored team left in the playoffs now so i like the under dog route. 

i like the colts but i've already seen peyton manning with a super bowl so i'm good for now. 

the ravens are ok.  wouldn't mind seeing harbaugh do well so i can keep being happy for him.  and flacco is a local guy.

the vikings have the worst fight song ever and favre is the ultimate drama queen, attention whore farg face. 

i like the saints but would hate to see that perennial joke of a franchise win one before the eagles. 

same goes for the cards.  yeah, i want to see 2 teams fail based on their fan bases.  lame, but i'm sticking with it. 

rivers is a whiney douche and norv turner's neck meat creeps me out. 

farg dallas. 

rex ryan, son of buddy, leaver of corny voicemails to season ticket holders gives the edge to the jets.  whatever. 

of course, it'll end up being dallas vs chargers, thus guaranteeing that either wade phillips or norv turner will win a super bowl.