Random Eagles information not worthy of a new thread

Started by Eagaholic, July 02, 2009, 12:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

If all of that happens, they win the Super Bowl.

Because its about as likely as that happening. lol

Thanks for all of the info guys.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

QB Eagles

Our rooting interests next week in order of importance, assuming the Eagles beat the Vikings:

4PM Eagles over Cowboys - duh
4PM Packers over Bears - guarantees at least #2 seed
1PM Panthers over Falcons - necessary for #1
1PM Bucs over Saints - necessary for #1
1PM Steelers over Browns - necessary for #1 if Bears beat Packers
4PM Giants over taterskins - necessary for #1 if Bears beat Packers
4PM 49ers over Cards - necessary for #1 if Bears beat Packers
4PM Colts over Titans - necessary for #1 if Bears beat Packers

If the Birds manage to lose tonight, all we care about in Week 17 is who gets the #6 seed. It's between the Packers, Giants, and Bucs. If the Eagles win that, it's on to Chicago (or Atlanta in an unlikely scenario).

Munson

So there's actually a way they can not get the #2 seed but still get the #1 seed? How the hell does that work?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

in terms of playoff times:

--if the eagles play either ny or gb next week id be stunned to see it not be the primetime saturday game
---if the eagles play tampa next week it very well could be at 430 sunday
---if the eagles get the bye they should be locked into the sunday 430 game in the divisional round

essentially the entire thing for next week is based around nbc doing everything they can to avoid being stuck with the rams or seahawks
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Vick, pimp, Peters, Asante and Akers are all going to Hawaii (if they aren't in Dallas)

QB Eagles

Quote from: Munson on December 28, 2010, 05:47:38 PM
So there's actually a way they can not get the #2 seed but still get the #1 seed? How the hell does that work?

If they end up tied with just the Bears, the Bears win out due to their head-to-head victory. Eagles go to #3.

If they end up tied with just the Falcons, the Eagles win out due to their head-to-head victory. Eagles go to #1.

If they end up tied with the Bears and Falcons, the only way for the Eagles to avoid #3 is if they end with identical strength of victory as the Falcons, which entails all those other games. [I don't believe the Eagles can end with stronger SOV, so tied is the best they can do.] Bears will have weaker SOV than the Eagles and Falcons no matter what, so they are eliminated and then it becomes Eagles vs Falcons, which Eagles win due to their head-to-head victory. Eagles go to #1.

If the Eagles end up at 12-4, wedged between the Bears at 11-5 and the Falcons at 13-3, they are the #2 seed.

If the Eagles end up tied with the Falcons and Saints at 12-4, the Saints win the NFC South due to divisional record, and then beat out the Eagles due to conference record. Eagles go to #2.

If the Falcons, Saints, Bears, and Eagles all end up 12-4, the Saints superior conference record sets them at #1 and the Bears head-to-head over the Eagles makes them #2. The Falcons are a wild card team. Eagles go to #3.

Anything else you can dream up, the Eagles are the #3 seed. That loss to the Bears was a killer.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: BigEd76 on December 28, 2010, 06:59:58 PM
Vick, pimp, Peters, Asante and Akers are all going to Hawaii (if they aren't in Dallas)

A little surprised that Shady didn't make it, though you can't argue with the guys that are ahead of him. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

General_Failure

No argument on that Pro Bowl list. Peters might still be getting in on name recognition, but he's played much better this year.

The man. The myth. The legend.

BigEd76

shady, killa and Manneans are 1st alternates

Q and Schmitt are 2nd alternates

DH

SunMo

probably because he values it enough to go when it gets down to the 2nd alternates.  it would look awful for the NFL to have the 2nd alternate pro bowl guys declining.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

some football website talks about snubs

Quote2. Trent Cole, DE, Eagles

In what world does the most complete defensive end in the league not make the Pro Bowl? Cole has more quarterback disruptions (74) than all other defensive ends, and just for good measure is our highest rated end against the run. Granted the NFC was stacked with talent at defensive end, but Cole got overlooked because guys have more sacks. Not because they're better players.
4. Quintin Mikell, S, Eagles

Our top-ranked safety is once again comically overlooked and we can only assume that when people are picking their safeties, they're looking at the guys with the most Pro Bowl appearances and the biggest contracts. It's a cycle that stops a guy like Mikell getting his due even though he's broken up more passes than any other safety and is our top ranked safety in run support.

ice grillin you

im sure the pro bowl is looking for solid all around good players to make the game more exciting

if you are a de and dont get sacks you arent and shouldnt go to the pro bowl

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

i must be missing something because i havent been happy with mikells play all year

SunMo

yeah, what your missing is that i'm sure the website ranking him as their top safety is www.philadelphiaeagles.com
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.