Random Eagles information not worthy of a new thread

Started by Eagaholic, July 02, 2009, 12:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Caplan says the 5th member of the PS is former Illinois star MLB Jeremy "J." Leman, who was picked off Carolina's roster

Diomedes

I peg the over under on days after the opener this guy remains an Eagle at 3

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

QuoteIkegwuonu lands on Eagles practice squad

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 7, 2009 10:32 AM ET
The Eagles took a chance on cornerback Jack Ikegwonu in the 2008 draft when he was recovering from a torn ACL and facing a possible jail term for his alleged theft of an Xbox (non-360 version.)

Perhaps Ikegwonu showed some loyalty to the team that drafted him when he chose to join their practice squad Monday.  (Or maybe no one else was interested.)

Either way, the fourth-round pick will stay in the organization.   The other seven members of Philly's practice squad: fullback Marcus Mailei, safety Reshard Langfor,  linebacker Jeremy Leman, wide receiver Danny Amendola, tight end Rob Myers, and guards Mike Gibson and Paul Fanaika.

Amendola was a Hard Knocks favorite in Dallas in 2008, but spent last year on Philly's practice squad.  Leman was with the Vikings during training camp.  Fanaika and Gibson were late-round picks by Philadelphia over the last two years.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

Drunkmasterflex

McCoy changed his number to 25 the number he wore in college.  I hope no one here bought his jersey, I know they were already selling them. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

BigEd76

Runyan worked out at NovaCare today.  He was in KC a couple of days ago...

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Seabiscuit36

ha, of cm's 241 posts at least 200 have been reposting stuff
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

No Shawn practicing plus Runyan working out = when will #69 be officially signed and will he play SUnday?

ice grillin you

runyan played as many preseason downs as westbrook and the big kid combined
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

And I'd be comfortable with him sliding in and playing Sunday