Random Eagles information not worthy of a new thread

Started by Eagaholic, July 02, 2009, 12:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: TexasEagle on January 02, 2011, 07:49:22 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on January 02, 2011, 07:42:32 PM
Childress will probably come back. Hopefully this means Cleveland is more likely to trade for Kolb.

Ugh, please no for the former and let's hope on the latter. I'm so tired of watching Kolb ran 15 yards backwards (after a 7 step drop) and throw the ball. I thought he was doing that because of bad line play in the preseason but there were plenty of times today when he just had to step up in the pocket and make a throw, instead he just kept running backwards over and over again.

This.

I don't think it's entirely fair to take anything away from how Kolb played today but you are exactly right with his 15 step drops.  He never plants his feet.  He is constantly retreating in the pocket and when you have limited foot speed and a mediocre arm, bad things ensue.  I know it's partly a product of the OLine, but step up in the damn pocket and make a throw.

ice grillin you

austin howard was blocking for him today

cobb steps up in the pocket just fine...his problem is running out of it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

Colt McCoy isnt going anywhere but Cleveland

Kolb will do just fine in Arizona or being the leagues best (in theory) backup on the Eagles

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on January 02, 2011, 09:03:29 PM
yeah,  farging running backwards out of it

hes no vick thats for sure

at least four olinemen get drafted by this team in april

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 02, 2011, 09:14:27 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 02, 2011, 09:03:29 PM
yeah,  farging running backwards out of it

hes no vick thats for sure

at least four olinemen get drafted by this team in april

What I'd like to see them do is to trade a mid round pick for a veteran O-lineman with a big contract. An example would be a guy like Steve Hutchinson, he's 33 and Minny is going to go into rebuilding mode soon. Maybe wishful thinking but a 3rd and 4th might get it done.

ice grillin you

i wouldnt be against that...with vick in his 30's now is the time to make some win now moves and take advantage of his skills while he has them...they dont need to be gathering up draft picks and making moves to acquire three 4th rounders

problem is almost the entire oline could be improved and the entire defense needs an overhaul...so its not like they are one or two moves away from a title

Munson

Herremans, Peters, and Justice are all passable. Not the greatest but they'll do.

It's the center and right guard spots that absolutely need to be addressed this offseason. Instead they'll expect Jackson to come back fully healthy and play as good/better than he used to and use that as an excuse not to get a center.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Munson on January 02, 2011, 09:42:28 PM
Herremans, Peters, and Justice are all passable. Not the greatest but they'll do.

It's the center and right guard spots that absolutely need to be addressed this offseason. Instead they'll expect Jackson to come back fully healthy and play as good/better than he used to and use that as an excuse not to get a center.

Get ready for the "We're fine at Center" card the FO throws at us this off season.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 02, 2011, 09:40:34 PM
i wouldnt be against that...with vick in his 30's now is the time to make some win now moves and take advantage of his skills while he has them...they dont need to be gathering up draft picks and making moves to acquire three 4th rounders

problem is almost the entire oline could be improved and the entire defense needs an overhaul...so its not like they are one or two moves away from a title

They could be though if they got a really solid interior linemen and an excellent pass rusher. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on January 02, 2011, 09:54:32 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 02, 2011, 09:40:34 PM

They could be though if they got a really solid interior linemen and an excellent pass rusher. 

they need at minimum two interior lineman.....justice could easily be replaced as well...im not on board with him like most people seem to be now

they need at least two and maybe three linebackers....they need a couple corners and depending on how allen comes off his injury maybe two safeties...as i said basically the entire defense needs to be redone....one pass rusher is certainly not going to do it

Drunkmasterflex

My point is that a pass rusher would do a lot to cover up their deficiencies.  And I would love to see an upgrade from Justice.  Its not like this team is a 5-11 team, they are going to the playoffs and have a decent shot to go far if they can get past GB. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Don Ho

Hurt or not Justice is what he is, not that good.  I have to admit that I was so psyched when they drafted him.  We all thought the birds stole him. 

I'm with igy, linebackers and lots of um.

QB Eagles

They absolutely need linebackers, corners, and O linemen. There's lots of other areas where they could improve but the need is less immediate.

But they need so much that it cant just be the draft, it has to be free agency as well. Your move, FO.