Random Eagles information not worthy of a new thread

Started by Eagaholic, July 02, 2009, 12:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Who?

And how awesome it would be to get TWO draft picks out of Feeley in his career. Dude's been a glorified back up who's done well in spot duty, and they're going to (eventually) get two players out of him.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on August 31, 2009, 07:28:30 PM
Feeley & Reggie Brown to Miami for a 2010 2nd rounder.

that would be neato seeing as they were traded for each other
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteEagles keeping an eye on Patriots tight ends?
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 2, 2009 1:20 PM ET
We learned a few days back about New England's possible interest in quarterback A.J. Feeley, and the Eagles have reportedly been keeping an eye on the Patriots tight end situation in the meantime.

The Patriots have a surplus of tight ends, so the two franchises have the makings of a trade that would help both sides, at least on paper.

With Patriots 2006 third-round pick David Thomas finally showing the promise he last displayed as a rookie, the Patriots could possibly deal Ben Watson or Alex Smith.  (Chris Baker looks likely to start for the team.)

Both Smith and Watson are catch-first tight ends, which fits in with Philadelphia's usual profile.  The Philadelphia Inquirer writes that the Patriots would "definitely" be willing to deal Smith, who they signed this offseason.

The Eagles may not feel comfortable trading Feeley, however, until Vick is reinstated by the league.

But after rolling the dice on Vick, trading Feeley a few weeks early (maybe) doesn't seem like much of a gamble.

I'd love to see Watson here

Sgt PSN

phillymic2000

Rome

reese125

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 02, 2009, 03:26:25 PM
QuoteEagles keeping an eye on Patriots tight ends?
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 2, 2009 1:20 PM ET
We learned a few days back about New England's possible interest in quarterback A.J. Feeley, and the Eagles have reportedly been keeping an eye on the Patriots tight end situation in the meantime.

The Patriots have a surplus of tight ends, so the two franchises have the makings of a trade that would help both sides, at least on paper.

With Patriots 2006 third-round pick David Thomas finally showing the promise he last displayed as a rookie, the Patriots could possibly deal Ben Watson or Alex Smith.  (Chris Baker looks likely to start for the team.)

Both Smith and Watson are catch-first tight ends, which fits in with Philadelphia's usual profile.  The Philadelphia Inquirer writes that the Patriots would "definitely" be willing to deal Smith, who they signed this offseason.

The Eagles may not feel comfortable trading Feeley, however, until Vick is reinstated by the league.

But after rolling the dice on Vick, trading Feeley a few weeks early (maybe) doesn't seem like much of a gamble.

I'd love to see Watson here

QuoteAugust 09, 2009, 12:03:20 PM ยป

Im having a hard time believe that they go into the season with that scrap heap of tight ends. Im looking for a trade to happen soon--maybe alex smith on the pats (pats and birds seem to like to deal with each other), maybe even scheffler again under the circumstances

I concur...even a month later...make it happen

Eagaholic

QuotePosted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 5, 2009 12:33 PM ET
It's uncertain if the Patriots will add another quarterback behind Tom Brady, but ESPN's Adam Schefter is confident that they won't be adding Eagles quarterback A.J. Feeley.

Schefter tweeted the news in a response to SI's Peter King, and we followed up asking whether it was the Patriots or Eagles that didn't have interest.

His response: "Not sure which -- it's not clear -- just know that trade won't happen."

So there you go.  The Patriots still could be interested in dealing a tight end to the Eagles.

PhillyPhreak54

I wonder since Bradley is out and Gaither/Mays haven't exactly instilled confidence at MLB if they'll take a run at Ryan Fowler...he was cut from the Titans today.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Not sure, but I think he had a shoulder injury. And if I recall correctly was linked to roids too

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Eagaholic

Pats traded Richard Seymour to Raiders. Looks like  Banner's offer of AJ Feeley for Seymour didn't pan out after all.

PhillyPhanInDC

Practice squad moves:
Eagles | Four signed to practice squad

Sun, 06 Sep 2009 13:22:00 -0700
The Philadelphia Eagles announced they have re-signed free agents WR Danny Amendola, OG Paul Fanaika, OG Michael Gibson and TE Robert Myers to their practice squad.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

shorebird

...........never mind