Random Eagles information not worthy of a new thread

Started by Eagaholic, July 02, 2009, 12:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

MDS

thats the first thing theyve ever pulled out of

BOOM
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Peters, Akers, and Mikell were second-team All Pros. It looks like not even PE.com gives a farg.

Drunkmasterflex

How in the farg is Mikell a second team all-pro?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

rjs246

I've read a couple of sites that said he had a great year. I don't know how anyone could tell. The pass defense was hot fecal stew so if someone was doing well I farging missed it. Oh wait, I saw Samuel jump some routes early in the year. That was neat.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on January 24, 2011, 09:27:28 PM
How in the farg is Mikell a second team all-pro?

Because he isn't terrible. Mikell's biggest downfall is that he's replacing Dawk and people expected him to play just like Dawk.  I don't know if he's 2nd team all pro worthy, but he isn't as bad as people think/say he is.

Drunkmasterflex

Like the rest of the defense he misses a lot of tackles. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mpmcgraw

Mikell is a pretty good safety. 

If/hopefully Nate Allen bounces back from his injury and takes a big step forward next year, I think we are in a really nice spot with our safeties.

QB Eagles

There were eight other safeties who were second-team too. All tied up in the voting. No other position had anything like that.

I guess beyond Polamalu and Reed, everyone else is pretty much the same.

ice grillin you

yeah its an anomaly in voting that got him there

lol at people thinking hes good just because they saw him on the all pro team...its like all of a sudden the 32 games youve watched over the last two years didnt happen
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

charlie

ice grillin you

the writers vote and 11 safeties made the all nfl teams

Sgt PSN

Mikey Miss had Wes Hopkins on his show.  Never realized that Wes went to SMU during their big scandal.  Also didn't know that he was a walk on.  He also spent a couple minutes talking about the body bag game and said something to the effect of (paraphrasing) "Every time we hit their quarterback he had to be carried off the field. After a while they had to bring some running back in."  I found it humorous that he didn't know Brian Mitchell's name.  Either that or maybe they had some beef I'm not aware of and he decided not to say his name.  Either way, it was awesome hearing him tell a few stories from back then.

ice grillin you

he made the smu team because of a legendary hit in practice on eric dickerson

Rome

Other than Jerome Brown he's my favorite all-time Eagle.   This current group of Romes could learn a trick or nine from him about tackling, that's for sure.