Random Eagles information not worthy of a new thread

Started by Eagaholic, July 02, 2009, 12:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurking wierdo

Don, can you remember The Kicking Mule who played for the Eagles?

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Quote from: lurking wierdo on January 10, 2011, 07:01:22 PM
Don, can you remember The Kicking Mule who played for the Eagles?

Horst Muhlman 1975 - 77.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

DH

I got an email from the eagles yesterday (as im sure you all did too) with the following subject:

Bright Future Ahead After Great 2010 Season

Go farg yourselves, every single one of you. farging iceholes.

phillycrew

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 10, 2011, 08:30:46 PM
Sinorice Moss

El oh el

Actually, I like this signing.  Of course we keep stacking WR and we don't have a lineman worth a damn.  I thought Andy built from the lines out?  Well our OL and DL suck so Andy can suck it.

rjs246

At some point you know Andy et al are going to stop putting Jackson back to return punts or at least will limit the number of times they send him back there. Moss presents the perfect dude to take some of those reps in practice, preseason and possibly even the regular season if he shows something. The chances of him actually being used as a contributor on offense are pretty small but signing him is low risk.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

its very low risk because hes been hurt for 5 straight seasons so far

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on January 11, 2011, 09:04:43 AM
The chances of him actually being used as a contributor on offense are pretty small but signing him is low risk.

if he can stay healthy and even be a competant wr...hes been a terrible route runner...then his return skills should give him a roster spot advantage over chad hall and moss would take his limted offensive reps...of course this is all super early worthless nothing else to talk about speculation and moss could be released next week
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-philadelphia-eagles-fans-vandalize20110110,0,1905189.story

here we go again....some loser gets his car kicked around and he has to go and cry to the media about it. what an MA loser. wisconsin to the lehigh valley what a dork.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

thats what happens when dipshteins get drunk on busch lite.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote"We were just thinking about how nice a day it was and it was a good memory," Peter Coenen said. "Then I looked up and said, 'Oh my God.' "

You know what, go farg yourself. I'm glad someone wrecked your stupid car. You're a complete idiot for parking your car in the lot. waaahhhhhh Philly fans are mean. Damn right we are.

I'm glad something like this happened because it shows me our fans still have their edge. The wussification of Eagles fans has been trending downward fast recently. First we have a new stadium - which is nice - but it's cookie cutter and has no personality of its own, now we're going to have farging solar panels and wind turbines. The average fan used to be some drunk 40 year old from Fishtown, now it's some bratty college kid. I can't remember the last time I saw a fight in the stands, and I'm not talking about security running up the stairs because two people are bickering, I'm talking someone beating the shtein out of someone else. I wouldn't partake in such activities but I do enjoy watching it when it happens. Fights happened every quarter at the Vet. We need to take a stand! Let's take our city back!

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

DH

Quote from: SD on January 11, 2011, 01:00:34 PM
Quote"We were just thinking about how nice a day it was and it was a good memory," Peter Coenen said. "Then I looked up and said, 'Oh my God.' "

You know what, go farg yourself. I'm glad someone wrecked your stupid car. You're a complete idiot for parking your car in the lot. waaahhhhhh Philly fans are mean. Damn right we are.

I'm glad something like this happened because it shows me our fans still have their edge. The wussification of Eagles fans has been trending downward fast recently. First we have a new stadium - which is nice - but it's cookie cutter and has no personality of its own, now we're going to have farging solar panels and wind turbines. The average fan used to be some drunk 40 year old from Fishtown, now it's some bratty college kid. I can't remember the last time I saw a fight in the stands, and I'm not talking about security running up the stairs because two people are bickering, I'm talking someone beating the shtein out of someone else. I wouldn't partake in such activities but I do enjoy watching it when it happens. Fights happened every quarter at the Vet. We need to take a stand! Let's take our city back!

Jan 11 and we already have the POTY

Sgt PSN

I miss the Vet for football but not baseball.  But let's not kid ourselves here.  The Vet was 1000x more "cookie cutter" than The Linc is.  The view in The Linc is better than anything in the Vet simply because the seats are so much closer to the field.  But the Vet was intimidating and the Linc isn't.  Most of it has to do with the corporate atmosphere in the stands that just wasn't there in the Vet.  You also gotta factor in the fact that there were entire sections in the Vet where everyone knew each other and there was, dare I say, "chemistry" among the fans in each section that had been forged over 20 years of sitting in the same section. Since moving to the Linc, people have been relocated throughout the stadium.  I remember in the Vet when sections would have competitions to see who could do the loudest Eagles chant and it was non-stop all game long.  This section would do it and then the next section would do theirs and it would just make its way around the stadium like some sort of audible wave.

Maybe the Linc will gain a personality all its own over the years.  Hopefully each section will start to come together more and more as time goes on.  It's only been 7 years....not even 1/4 of the time that a lot of sections were together in the Vet.   

smeags

Quote from: DH on January 11, 2011, 03:33:57 PM
Quote from: SD on January 11, 2011, 01:00:34 PM

Jan 11 and we already have the POTY

hmmm, i'm wondering if my boy brian actually just slept in his car sunday ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it