2009 76ers Offseason Thread

Started by reese125, May 28, 2009, 10:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Here's the rectangle logo they didn't show at the press conference.  ESPN is using it in their graphics and the board with all the numbers and names on-stage in NYC is also using it...

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 24, 2009, 10:06:44 PM
Getting rid of Dalembert and his contract and getting Redd?

Sign me up.

godfathers contract is not an issue...hell its the reason hes so tradeable right now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

his contract is still a very big issue whether you want to believe it or not

him sucking ass is only one issue. the other issue is another team taking on an extra $24 million on their payroll + another close to $4 million with his trade kicker unless he waives it; which he wont because hes a stubborn son-of-a-bitch who thinks hes better than he is and would probably want to go to a contender

matching salaries up for $30 million is not easy, and even harder when youre talking about a player like Dalembert

the desirable contract is next year and blows up like the world trade

phattymatty

so do those sleeves come with that short sleeve hoodie or separately?

ice grillin you

i was wondering if the skateboard comes with it

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Jrue Holiday meh...project pick

I wanted Lawson or Maynor

ice grillin you

meh pretty much sums it up...but i didnt think holiday would be here so id definitely rather have him than anyone else on the board

reese125

yeah that gets a big MEH

jay b threw out about 6 negatives on the guy before saying he was a top 10 pick

BigEd76

big meh, but at least it isn't Mullens

ice grillin you

im so tired of them having tweener players or guys who play the same position

is brand a center
is lou williams a point
whos gonna play the three thad or iguodala

and now a draft pick who has no position

in that sense it would have been a relief ot get a lawson there...at least you know what they got

PhillyPhreak54

Boooo!

Should have taken Lawson.

Drunkmasterflex

I'm pretty sure he is a point, but I do agree with you they have too many players that are tweeners.  I guess this pick is as good as they could do, they certainly won't be competing in the east this season.  I guess they might as take someone with a high ceiling.  
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

reese125

this is starting to bother me more by the minute and more-so now hearing Lawson and Teague going consecutively afterwards--both with very good speed and one being a combo guard with size to defend

now once again you have a non-penetrating PG---farg eddie jordans system

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on June 25, 2009, 09:24:54 PM
I'm pretty sure he is a point, but I do agree with you they have too many players that are tweeners.  I guess this pick is as good as they could do, they certainly won't be competing in the east this season.  I guess they might as take someone with a high ceiling.  

the hope is maybe he can turn into a point but hes a tweener all the way....his handle is not good enough to be a point and his shooting not good enough to be a two

bilas says his ceiling is high but then says hes not explosive or athletic...where exactly is the ceiling then

most scouts seem to say he could have went much higher so ill take their word for it and agree he was at least the best guy to take at that point...but thats the extent of my enthusiasm for the pick