Rest of Baseball Thread 2009

Started by BigEd76, April 03, 2009, 03:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Wow that looks like some shtein from Will Ferrel's Semi Pro. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Eaglez

Looks like the Cubs traded Milton Bradley to the Mariners for former-Phillie Carlos Silva. 

Why would anyone, at this point, take on Bradley?  Dude is a nut case that has been given a lot of second chances.  Talented or not he has to wear on his teammates for 6 months. 

MDS

LOU hated on him and tried the drill sargent approach. what do you think happened.

hes totally nuts but if you leave him be and let him do this thing, hes fine
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Mariners needed a bat. This could work out ok for them. At least they get the horrendous Silva contract off the books

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on December 18, 2009, 01:49:58 PM
LOU hated on him and tried the drill sargent approach. what do you think happened.

hes totally nuts but if you leave him be and let him do this thing, hes fine

just make sure someone from the bench is letting him know how many outs there are

BigEd76

More details on the new Marlins stadium.  This place is gonna screw with people....ha

QuoteCruz-Diez's pavement design will be colorful and directional, meaning they will help navigate fans from the parking lots to the ballpark.

"Cruz-Diez proposed a paving pattern for the walkways that crisscross the plaza. His work is very geometric, and optical-illusionist kind of work," Spring said. "So the pattern that Cruz-Diez has proposed is very distinctive. It's a really wonderful, beautiful colorful treatment of the plaza. But at the same time, it has a practical purpose, as well."

Expanding the artwork to the Super Columns, Arsham has come up with a illusion that promises to have people wondering if they are seeing things.

"Daniel's idea was to light the columns in a way where the light gradually comes up and crawls up the columns, so the illusion from a distance is the columns will appear and disappear," Spring said. "In Daniel's words, it's almost as though the building is breathing, and the columns are appearing and disappearing with each and every inhale and exhale. It's very dramatic."

Arsham's second project hits close to home for the up-and-coming artist. As a child, he attended Miami Dolphins and University of Miami football games at the Orange Bowl. What stood out to him was the actual lettering of Orange Bowl on the building.

To commemorate the grounds, Arsham has decided to replicate the lettering on the former football stadium.

"His take was the letters fell off the side of the stadium, and embedded themselves on the east side of the plaza of the new ballpark," Spring said. "Essentially, you have full-scale letters, spelling Orange Bowl that are scattered across the eastern plaza of the building."

The letters actually are on the ground. Some are embedded in the staircases. The way they're stationed, the letters can spell out different words. They can spell ORANGE BOWL or GAME or WON, depending on where people are standing.

"Together, these three artists are good representatives of our community," Spring said. "What they've designed really enliven the ballpark and make it something that will be distinguished by both baseball and art."

PhillyPhreak54

Braves signed Troy Glaus to a 1yr deal to play 1B.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

No way thats real...is it? If theres someone who would do that, I guess it would be Bradley.

MDS

why do people hate on milton? hes farging awesome. easily the coolest player in mlb.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

DH

Lincecum is 100X cooler than Bradley

MDS

lincecum is a loser hippie pothead. ill take black and crazy over that any day of the week.

rjs246

Andre Dawson voted into the hall.

Blyleven misses my 5 votes.
Alomar misses by 8.

Jack Morris, my annual rant and rave pick for the hall, pulled 282 votes.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

If Robbie Alomar isn't a first ballot Hall of Famer then I don't know who is.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Good for the Hawk, though.