Rest of Baseball Thread 2009

Started by BigEd76, April 03, 2009, 03:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

they're looking to cut payroll.  They already let Polanco walk, and it looks like Washburn, Rodney and Lyon are leaving too...

Sgt PSN

i don't get the trade either....except for the yanks.  granderson is a damn good player. 

LBIggle

Sgt PSN

lol.  i forget where i read/heard it.  it's been a few day.  but the yanks cutting payroll doesn't mean that they still aren't going to spend more than any other team in baseball.  it just means the margin they outspend everyone else by isn't quite as much. 

Eaglez

Detroit was having trouble selling out games during a division race, plus they have a lot of money tied up in their older players that they simply can't move.  Sucks for them because Granderson probably didn't reach his potential yet and is coming off a sub-par year where he's probably looking to improve.  But Detroit went all in during the '08 season with the Cabrera trade and substantially increased their payroll and with that not working it's time for them to rebuild. 

BigEd76

Pettitte re-signed for a little under $12M

and Wolf signed with Milwaukee....3/$27M

PhillyPhreak54

Millwood traded to the Orioles for Chris Ray

Rich Harden signed with Texas (1yr)

LaTroy Hawkins signed with Milwaukee

Astros acquired Matt Lindstrom from FLA

BigEd76

Eddie Wade loading up on relievers again.  After trading 3 players for Lindstrom and signing Gary Majewski from the IronPigs, he signed Brandon Lyon for 3 yrs, $15M...

BigEd76

Looks like Boston is close to signing Lackey, which might take them out of the Halladay talks...

BigEd76

what the 20 Marlins fans will see when someone hits a HR (check out the video on that page)

yikes....and you thought the Shea/Citi apple was lame...

ice grillin you

the mets apple is classic stop being a hater

that marlins thing tho is lol awful
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

we might be getting a contract to do work down in their new stadium, cmw son
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

would have been better had he asked if florida really needs mo sun?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous