Rest of Baseball Thread 2009

Started by BigEd76, April 03, 2009, 03:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

if youre looking in the future maybe...but beyond 2011 the phils have an iffy future at best

im just wondering what the concern is in 2012 to 2014
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I just prefer Polanco as a player.  He's a prototypical #2 hitter and he's been doing it for years.  He's got a good glove regardless of where you put him and you get him at roughly 2/3 the price of Figgins.

It's a no-brainer.

BigEd76

5/$45M + lose your 1st-rd pick

or

3/$18M + no 1st-rd pick lost + more money left to go after pitching

Halladay update:  he's adamant on being able to have spring training in Florida, which means the Angels are out, so it's basically down to the Yankees, Red Sox or Phils

MDS

unless toronto gives him away for 20c on the dollar i dont see amaro pulling the plug.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

yanks plan on cutting payroll this year so they may be out of the picture as well.  of course, the halladay update could easily persuade them to spend more now. 

Rome

Quote from: MDS on December 05, 2009, 01:00:48 PM
unless toronto gives him away for 20c on the dollar i dont see amaro pulling the plug.

If you're going to be a professional sportswriter you're going to have to learn your cliches a little better.  When you pull the plug you end something.  When you pull the trigger you begin something.

ice grillin you

BigEd76

Todd's the brightest tool in the shed

MDS

see, this is what editors are for.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Pudge Rodriguez to the Nats

Brad Penny to the Cardinals

Randy Wolf close to signing with the Brewers

ice grillin you

SI reporting 50/50 chance of a three way deal

yankees get granderson

arizona gets edwin jackson and ian kennedy

detroit gets matt shurzer - mark schlereths son - phil coke - austin jackson

also rumor of a john maine for corey hart deal

Seabiscuit36

The Yankees have acquired outfielder Curtis Granderson from the Tigers in a three-way trade also involving the Diamondbacks, who get All-Star pitcher Edwin Jackson from Detroit, Danny Knobler is reporting.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Tiger Woods is reporting a gigantic headache this afternoon.

BigEd76

nm

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 08, 2009, 01:40:23 PM
SI reporting 50/50 chance of a three way deal

yankees get granderson

arizona gets edwin jackson and ian kennedy

detroit gets matt shurzer - mark schlereths son - phil coke - austin jackson

also rumor of a john maine for corey hart deal

I've been trying to figure out why DET would make this deal all day - I don't understand it. Are they going cheap? I talked to a guy outside of Detroit today for something at work and he was pissed off.

lol at Corey Hart on the Mets...I hate that dude so it makes sense.