2009 College Football Thread

Started by ice grillin you, February 05, 2009, 04:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phattymatty

will be cool to see for the first game but i can't imagine that's going to be easy on the eyes.

Sgt PSN

QuoteThe nicknames are already flying and Eastern Washington University hasn't even begun installing its new artificial turf.

The Slaughterhouse. The Blood Rug. The Bordello Bowl.

the used tampon

ice grillin you

was just reading michigan is going to have its first nite game in 2011

Sgt PSN

i saw that yesterday and was amazed that it took them this long to do it.  since i'm not a die hard cfb fan, i never took notice to the fact that all of their home games have been scheduled during the day.  it's actually kind of crazy to me that in 2010 there's still a sporting venue out there that has never hosted a night game. 

ice grillin you

yeah its like you knew they never have had a night game but had to hear about their first nite game to realize it

theres stadiums that dont have lights...but none near as important as the big house

Sgt PSN

no, i flat out didn't know they never had a night game.  it's 2010.  what kind of major college program doesn't have night games?  pretty much every high school game in the country is played at night and yet one of the biggest college football programs in the country still hasn't popped it's cherry yet.  for shame. 

ice grillin you

i know several of the ivy league stadiums are dark

and im guessing there are other small school stadiums around the country that are as well

SunMo

that's the only thing dark about ivy league stadiums
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

small schools i get.  michigan, not so much.  it's one of the biggest schools with one of the greatest football programs in the country and they're just now playing their first night game.  it's just crazy to me that for something as simple as a night game, they're like 60 yrs behind in the times.   

MDS

theyve hosted 330 games that have gone into the dark hours. the penn st/mich games from 05 comes to mind
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Delaware added night games a few years back, Michigan is getting Delaware back for stealing their unis
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

who cares about some white ivy league school anyway?  they probably stole their unis from africa.