2009 Point and Laugh at the taterskins thread

Started by Diomedes, January 26, 2009, 10:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

don't knock the american legion you sons of bitches.  makers and coke for $2.50 with a liberal amount of makers and a conservative amount of ice.  i don't care how old and crusty those mofo's are, put 5 or 6 of those delightful spirits in me and i'll listen to all the farging war stories those old fogies want to tell. 

ice grillin you

time to get a new job if you need to go to an american legion to save money
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

time to get a new life if you can't see why an American Legion is a great place to drink
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Moose Lodges, American Legions are great places to drink since its like a buck a bottle, and 60 cent drafts
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

not to mention the cats who hang there drink to get drunk

and the people there are salt of the earth, no yuppie scum or wannabes in sight
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

yep, its a family atmosphere there.  So long as you have a sponsor you're in. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

igy farging cracks me up.  for someone who hates rich, old white dudes the whole "get a new job" comment is a very rich, old white dude thing to say. 

it ain't just about saving money dook, it's about going to a place and having a few cheap drinks with some good, old fashioned, hard working people who might have an interesting story to tell.  or maybe you just want to sit in a corner and drink in peace and be left alone. 

yeah, i know......sitting at a bar and letting some old dude tell a story is sooooooo MA. because he's old and he's white so he must be racist and republican. 

Drunkmasterflex

No doubt there are no better places to drink than social clubs like the Legion.  Good people, most have good food, and the beer flows like wine. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Diomedes

There are better places to drink if you're a poseur or an elitist farg. 

Don't know anyone like that myself.

Drunkmasterflex

The only thing not good about those places is if you are trying to go out and get some tail.  Other than that...
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Diomedes

At a certain point in life some men may gladly pull in American Legion trim.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on February 10, 2010, 12:44:10 PM
The only thing not good about those places is if you are trying to go out and get some tail.  Other than that...

exactly.  if you're looking to go out, get smashed, listen to loud music and score some easy muff, then the legion is not where you should be going. 

but if you want a quiet night of drinking with people who are going to leave you alone so you and your buddies can shoot a game of pool and don't want to drop $100 on the bar, then social clubs like the legion, elks, moose or whatever are awesome. 

even though i don't live in the area anymore, i have a membership at the american-italian bocce club up in royersford.  the doors are locked and you can only get in with a key card.  the bar is nice, well maintained and clean.  the people are about as average as you can find....mostly laborers or small business owners.  $20 for your first year membership, $10 after that.  most expensive drink in the place is probably 5 or 6 bucks.  they have a huge family bbq every year (for free) and raffle off cash prizes and other prizes like eagles/phillies/sixers/flyers tickets, etc, etc.  they also do xmas parties, nye parties, and various other parties throughout the year. 

friday and sat nights usually get a really good crowd, but not to the point where people are invading your personal space.  the rest of the week is relatively low key but still has enough people in there to have a good time.  and the members age from mid-20's on up.

every time i make it back east, i always head up there with my dad.  we get drunk, shoot pool and stumble our way back home.  good times.   

ice grillin you

sorry id rather not spend my drinking time with 200 chuck bednariks

if that floats your boat by all means carry on...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on February 10, 2010, 12:54:06 PM
At a certain point in life some men may gladly pull in American Legion trim.

I don't think those ladies do trimming.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on February 10, 2010, 12:19:23 PM
No doubt there are no better places to drink than social clubs like the Legion.  Good people, most have good food, and the beer flows like wine. 

You ain't lying about the food. I'm a member of the 'Sons of the American Legion', and friday night dinners are some real good home cooking. Also, the local V.F.W. has a killer pit beef and oyster dinner on Saturdays during the oyster season. The guy cooking the beef is a master at it and the oysters are fresh shucked right off the boat. All the places like that give you gigantic portions. It doesn't get any better.

Igy, sometimes you seem more racist than David Duke. You lump people into a group and make judgements about them without even knowing who they are. Thats shallow man.