2009 Point and Laugh at the taterskins thread

Started by Diomedes, January 26, 2009, 10:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

to that douche's credit, that last walch super bowl was the same year that steve young starting stealing starts from montana.  but yeah montana won it, that was the taylor catch at the end.

rjs246

The lack of an Icky Shuffle in that game was a crushing blow to my 11 year old self.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

NC_Eagle

Quote from: rjs246 on January 07, 2010, 02:08:56 PM
The lack of an Icky Shuffle in that game was a crushing blow to my 11 year old self.

Best celebration ever? Could be...
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

shorebird

Ha! The Icky shuffle probably looked like MDS blowing a load on rjs's lips.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagaholic

QuoteHaslett looks like favorite for taterskins coordinator job
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 12, 2010 2:16 PM ET
Mike Zimmer's return to Cincinnati as defensive coordinator should have a ripple effect around the league.

Zimmer was believed to be at the top of Washington's wish list for their defensive coordinator job.  Following the Zimmer news, the Washington Post writes that Jim Haslett appears to be the front runner for the team's position. Haslett met with Mike Shanahan and the taterskins Monday.

taterskins secondary coach Jerry Gray has also "received consideration" but it appears Washington may be ready to move on from the Greg Blatche/Jerry Gray defense that has performed rather well.

hope Haslett brings back some of that Ram magic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

I love their philosophy of picking up staff members for a coach they don't have yet.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: General_Failure on January 13, 2010, 12:08:44 PM
I love their philosophy of picking up staff members for a coach they don't have yet.

ugh....that would be shanahan. 

General_Failure

Did they officially sign him? I don't remember.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Rome

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 13, 2010, 10:28:25 AM
done deal

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/12/taterskins-hire-haslett/

Quote#  MurderCapital#1 says:  January 12, 2010 10:01 PM

We should have kept Zorn so he could learn to be a HC. The Rat isn't a spring chicken and Zorn could learn... maybe.

wow

Sgt PSN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4822152

joe bugel retiring.  maybe now skins fans will finally stop wearing dresses to the game. 

Eagaholic

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 13, 2010, 02:14:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4822152

joe bugel retiring.  maybe now skins fans will finally stop wearing dresses to the game. 

to the contrary - in honor of the retirement of such a venerable old coach, the will be wearing "JB" patches on their left dress sleeve and inserting tampons before each home game.

Eagaholic

LOL, funniest NFL thing I've seen in weeks.

Jay Glazer reports that [Bill]Romanowski is interviewing in Washington to be the team's strength and conditioning coach.   Seriously.

There are a ton of jokes that could be made here, but we'll leave them to the commenters.

Instead, we wonder if the league will have an opinion on the hiring of an admitted steroid user and pill enthusiast for a job that puts him in charge of the conditioning of an entire NFL team.