2009 Point and Laugh at the taterskins thread

Started by Diomedes, January 26, 2009, 10:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

I friggin' love how the offensive linemen had no clue what to do when the ball was snapped.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

QB Eagles

I love when he calls them "the Washington... football team". Won't even use that racist name. He's slipped up in a few videos but for the most part he sticks to it.

shorebird

That was great. I agree, how can you not respect this guy? He calls it exactly how he sees it which is exactly how it is.

Rome

smeags

true dat rome. riggins is a rare gem in the phoney media world.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

QB Eagles

Spread Christmas cheer with this hit piece on the skins in Newsweek

Quote"Snyder took a very under-marketed asset and squeezed every last cent out of it," says Dan Kaplan, finance editor at The Sports Business Journal. "He's turned the taterskins into a cash machine. And the result is a completely soulless, corporate product."

Hall of Fame running back and taterskins' all-time leading rusher John Riggins sees it all too well. In a mid-December interview with NEWSWEEK, Riggins described a party he'd recently attended at the home of a U.S. senator. "There were some Supreme Court justices there, definitely people high up inside the government," says Riggins, "and they were all saying the same thing: they are done supporting this team."

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteThe 2009 taterskins can't even get through Christmas Day without controversy.

Albert Haynesworth, the team's highest-paid player, just left the facility after a heated discussion with coach Jim Zorn.

As his teammates warmed up before practice, Haynesworth and Zorn got into it on an adjacent field. Defensive coordinator Greg Blache finally walked over to try to play peacemaker, but Haynesworth soon walked into the building. Not long afterwards, the All-Pro defensive tackle drove away from taterskins Park.

After practice, I'll ask the embattled Zorn what the heck happened between him and Haynesworth, who has a seven-year, $100 million contract with $41 million guaranteed.

-- David Elfin

MDS

this thing is a bigger trainwreck than munsons life. and i love every second of it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Munson

If only I was getting 41 million guarenteed...
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds