2009 Point and Laugh at the taterskins thread

Started by Diomedes, January 26, 2009, 10:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 06, 2010, 04:35:26 PM
In game, easily Shannahan over Reid.  Reid as GM over Shannahan all day

this is probably best said. 

shanny is a good coach, but aren't a lot of his old run block schemes now illegal?  and if i'm not mistaken, dude only won like 1 playoff game after winning a couple of superbowls.  shanny was damn near a god in denver.  and he's like best friends with their owner.  and he still got fired.  when a person who you are close to loses faith in your ability, that says a lot imo. 

but the taterskins are definitely better off under shanny than they have been for the last 10 years.  he'll probably turn them into a consistent playoff team but not much more than that.  of course, that's pretty much what reid has done in philly too. 

so even though i don't think he'll make them a legit super bowl contender, at least not inside of 5 years, he will make them good enough to throw a wrench in the nfc east.  which sucks for the eagles.  hell, under shanny the eagles probably go 0-2 vs the racists this year. 

ice grillin you

alex gibbs came up with the zone blocking scheme not shanahan and no its not illegal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

maybe not so much the scheme itself, but weren't there some "tactics" that were used like chop blocking and such that the nfl got rid of?  either way, i guess it's moot if it's not "his" scheme. 

ice grillin you

well it sort of is still an issue in that shanny is probably bringing gibbs to washington with him

paco

Sorry, but I HAD to post this brilliance from ES

what I never understood is why they considered Philly In the NFC east to begin with. With their history it would make more sense to put them in with the nfc west, I'd rather have teams like greenbay or the bears. I usually bring this topic up in the philly forum and they go ape **** defending their spot in the NFC east.

I think they are the smallest market in the NFC east right??
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: paco on January 07, 2010, 10:39:27 AM
Sorry, but I HAD to post this brilliance from ES

what I never understood is why they considered Philly In the NFC east to begin with. With their history it would make more sense to put them in with the nfc west, I'd rather have teams like greenbay or the bears. I usually bring this topic up in the philly forum and they go ape **** defending their spot in the NFC east.

I think they are the smallest market in the NFC east right??

can you throw up the link for the thread that is in

i wanna send it to people but they will think i made it up

paco

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

ice grillin you

thanks

this is a beaut as well

Im no Cowboys fan but that is ****ed up. That's a slap to all Texans and servicemen and women across the country.

Sgt PSN

lol, i saw that one and it's a head scratcher to say the least.  wtf do servicemen have to do with it and why should they be pissed that someone spit on the cowboys star? 

Sgt PSN

for igy:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=314809

QuoteSeriously. I like me some good ol' trash talking. Wild card weekend smack down. I love the locker room bulletin board material. I love it when Ochocinco does it. I HATE it when someone like DJax does it. SHUT THE **** UP, KID!

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

i hate it when one of you fargers posts a link over there because then i start sifting through threads and i'd really prefer to be doing almost anything besides reading that garbage over there.  but this is one of those threads that makes it all worth while.

skins fans trying to come up with a "catch phrase" for shanahan:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=314757

QuoteI mentioned this in another thread. I have heard someone mention "Tranny for Shanny" and "Shanafan" so far.

QuoteWell, he may be Can-a-man this off-season, Shan-a-camp in Carlisle then Champion-man by December.

Quotetaterskins Football...It's Shana-Han-a-Riffic!!

QuoteShanallen (Half Shanahan/Half Allen) (pronounced sha-nal-len)

or.... Welcome to al-Shanistan

QuoteFo' shizzle my Shizzanahan

Shan-WOW!

Sgt PSN

for the love of farg, i can't stop....

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=314917

QuoteSo, yesterday I am driving to work with a smile on my face. This is not, traditionally, a common occurrence, as my job and I don't particularly see eye to eye. However, on this fine day, I am smiling, and my job is the farthest thing from my thoughts. You know why? Because my beloved Washington taterskins have hired a new coach, and I approve, baby! That's why! Because Shanny has a great resume, and after hearing his press conference, a sense of hope came back to me. I flip on the radio to hear if there might be any other great news, hey, maybe we traded Portis, Landry, two ham sammitches and Zorn's old slip 'n' slide for Peyton Manning. Ahhh, dreams! Anyway, the very first caller I hear immediately kills my buzz with...

"Shannahan aint never won nuthin without Elway as his QB!"

Dammit! People! I was enjoying this for a second! Now, aside from the obvious piling on aspect, and the need to somehow be a contrarian, what the hell does this comment mean? Really? How many championships did Dungy without Manning? Jimmie Johnson without Aikman? Holmgren without Favre? Belichek without cheating? I mean Brady?

Truth be told, the only coach I can think of off the back of my hand who did it multiple times with different QBs is our very own Joe Gibbs! Bill Walsh had Montana and Young...(I think Walsh won one with Young there at the end?)

Hell, Andy Reid has had McNabb the whole time, and he hasn't got one yet! Maybe this is the year? My point is this... Of course Elway made the Broncos a great team. But maybe Shanny helped make Elway, also? More importantly, Shanny was a winner WITHOUT Elway as well. He still made playoff appearances on a regular basis. The Broncos were still an annual favorite to win the AFC East. And he was doing it with none other than future HOFer Jake "the snake" Plummer.

Stop with the hate, please, and let me get back to my stupid grin! I want to believe....

although it's penned with the mentality of a 12 year old, this piece of literary artwork comes from a dude who is thirty freaking five. 

BigEd76

QuoteI think Walsh won one with Young there at the end?

George Seifert says hi

and although he didn't win, Holmgren returned to the Super Bowl with the friggin Seahawks