2009 Point and Laugh at the taterskins thread

Started by Diomedes, January 26, 2009, 10:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 28, 2009, 04:05:19 PM
They also have banned media from interviewing fans in their FedEx parking lots.

I love this.

wow.  i'd have to say that's a pretty big freedom of the press issue. 

General_Failure

If they own the parking lot, and I'm sure they do, they're allowed to decide who can go there. Kinda scummy, but probably legal.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ATV

Eagaholic

paco

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Sgt PSN

this is the only thread that when i see new posts, my eyes always light up with glee.  if nothing else, this thread alone is a good enough reason to keep logging on here on a regular basis. 

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Quote[Updated: November 3, 2009, 3:41 PM ET
Snyder 'apologetic' over team's startComment Email Print Share Associated Press

CLINTON, Md. -- Dan Snyder says his Washington taterskins have "let everyone down."

In a rare, in-season interview with reporters, Snyder said at a charity event that the team is embarrassed by its 2-5 start and hopes to turn things around soon.

Snyder has been the subject of much ire from some fans. Signs critical of the owner have been confiscated at recent home games as part of the team's new crackdown on all signs and banners at the stadium.

Snyder was asked about the sign ban but did not address the issue. Regarding the fans, he said: "We've let everyone down, including ourselves, and we know that and we're just apologetic."

:-D

BigEd76

the sign ban was reversed today

and they switched to burgundy at home today to shake things up.  They're still losing...

ice grillin you

dawk just made a ridiculous 4th down stop...came down with huge elbow to finish the tackle too...dooks been all over the field again today
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

shorebird

One of the announcers commented that it looked like MMA. lol!

MDS

jesus how bad is denver. we all knew they were gonna hit a wall but wow.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

At least they didn't lose to the Raiders, I guess.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteWhite House Crasher Faked Being a taterskins Cheerleader, Danced With Cheerleader Alum Group at Halftime of taterskins-Rams Game

By Paul Farhi
Washington Post Staff Writer

Before she made it into a White House state dinner without an official invitation, Michaele Salahi made it onto the taterskins alumni cheerleading squad -- without ever having been a taterskins cheerleader.

Salahi performed at FedEx Field during halftime of the taterskins-St. Louis Rams game Sept. 20 with a group of 150 former taterskins cheerleaders. Salahi's rehearsals with the group were filmed by a crew that has been following Michaele Salahi and her husband, Tareq, for possible inclusion on a cable TV reality show, "The Real Housewives of D.C."

Several former cheerleaders said in interviews that Michaele Salahi's presence at a rehearsal drew attention because of the TV cameras, but also suspicion because no one seemed to remember her as a cheerleader for the team.

Their doubts were heightened when Salahi couldn't perform some of the basic cheerleader routines, including the standard choreography for the team's fight song, "Hail to the taterskins."

But it wasn't until stories about the Salahis' White House incident last week that the cheerleaders decided to follow up on her credentials as a taterskins cheerleader.

"She was never at an audition, never at a game and never performed" as an original cheerleader, said Sheryl Olecheck, a taterskins cheerleader from 1986 to 1996 who choreographed the team for seven years. "When I saw her, I had to ask around: 'Who is that?' "

Another former cheerleader said she asked Salahi who her choreographer was when she performed. "She couldn't answer," she said.

The Washington taterskins Cheerleaders Alumni Association lists Salahi on its membership roster and indicates that she was a cheerleader during 1991 season under her nickname and maiden name, Missy Holt. However, when asked by the group for proof of her participation, Salahi was unable to supply any.

The group's president, Terri Lamb, said Wednesday, "We have no record that she ever was a taterskins cheerleader. She was listed on our 1991 roster at Ms. Salahi's request and based on her misrepresentation to us."

Complete article:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...ss_print/style

including this from taterskins choreographer Olecheck, who said she was "unnerved" by the episode. "It takes a lot of time and heart and practice to be a taterskins cheerleader," she said. "It's really a privilege to wear the burgundy and gold. So I'm resentful. . . . For her to get out there and think she can just shake her pompoms is upsetting."