2009 Point and Laugh at the taterskins thread

Started by Diomedes, January 26, 2009, 10:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

I could see Gruden being desperate enough to coach there. At this point, I could see Gruden sucking dick to coach a high school team.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

theres no chance that one of

cowher
holmgren
chuckie
shanny
fisher
dungy

is not coaching the skins this time next year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

Quote from: phattymatty on October 27, 2009, 11:11:32 AM
farg zorn and there is no excuse to ever feel bad about anything about that horrible organization. 

This.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyGirl

Setting me up?

Nothing to set up...its par for the course. I expected a comment like that.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 27, 2009, 04:16:08 PM
theres no chance that one of

cowher
holmgren
chuckie
shanny
fisher
dungy

is not coaching the skins this time next year

I think that the only way any of those guys coaches there is if Snyder gives them complete control.  There was a reason why Zorn is their HC now, no one wanted the job last time it was available. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MDS

Lol @ igys list

Only way those guys go is if danny gives up total control and let's them run the show. No vinny. No input, coach makes every last call.

And that isn't gonna happen
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

methdeez

I think that the missing part of this equation is that Snyder is willing to make the new big-name coach the highest paid coach in the history of the league. i don't think we should underestimate peoples greed/desire for status.
If we take that into account, I think that the taterskins could land any HC candidate out there.

QB Eagles

QuoteLANDOVER, Md. -- His voice low, his words sharp, Albert Haynesworth questioned teammates' desire after his Washington taterskins' 27-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night.

"Urgency, heart, 'want-to,' whatever. I don't know. We're lacking a lot of stuff right now," the defensive tackle said.

For the second consecutive home game, thousands of spectators headed to the exits early.

"The fans are losing interest. The more games we play, the fewer fans come. It's getting bad," Haynesworth said.

The taterskins are 2-5 despite having opened the season with an NFL-record six consecutive games against winless teams. Washington's two wins were by a combined five points over teams that both are currently 0-7, Tampa Bay and St. Louis.

Asked if he delivered a postgame speech in the locker room, Haynesworth replied: "You can say but so much. You've got to actually 'want to.' So once we get to that point -- where we 'want to' do something -- then we'll do something. But if we just keep going our separate ways, then we'll just keep getting slaughtered like we have."

PhillyPhanInDC

A lot of talk on sports radio in this shteinhole sports town is about how Snyder is feeling the pinch of the terrible economy. Basically, it won't be "money is no object" when it comes to getting his new coach, because that was they case, he would just can Zorn. Also, I tell all the morons down here who talk about Holmgren, Cowher, Shanny, whoever, that they'll get none because they will all want 100% control on personnel. Danny won't ever give it up. Also, with how dirty Danny did Shottenheimerdinger, he'll never get a respected head coach to take the position. Up next: more pointing and laughing.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on October 27, 2009, 08:37:18 PM
A lot of talk on sports radio in this shteinhole sports town is about how Snyder is feeling the pinch of the terrible economy. Basically, it won't be "money is no object" when it comes to getting his new coach, because that was they case, he would just can Zorn. Also, I tell all the morons down here who talk about Holmgren, Cowher, Shanny, whoever, that they'll get none because they will all want 100% control on personnel. Danny won't ever give it up. Also, with how dirty Danny did Shottenheimerdinger, he'll never get a respected head coach to take the position. Up next: more pointing and laughing.

troof.  even if money is no object and danny boy throws unlimited 000000's on the back end of a paycheck, i really can't see any respectable coach wanting to go there without being able to call all the shots.  gruden might be the only one out there who'd be willing to sell his soul but i really can't see any of the others going there. 

if you look at the available big name coaches, only 2 have been fired, shanny and chuckie. 

holmgren - "retired"
cowher - "retired"
dungy - "retired"

all 3 of those guys would have jobs right now if they really wanted them.  obviously any 1 or all of them could, and probably will return to coaching sooner or later, but none of them are going to go into a situation that they don't feel comfortable with.  not only does the money need to be right, but the pieces need to be in place for the team to be successfull, which the taterskins don't have other than defense.  the qb is done.  the oline needs rebuilt and their rb, while still very good, aint getting any younger.  the recievers are mediocre at best and their best offesnsive skill player just broke his ankle.     not to mention that i don't think the taterskins have any draft picks for the next 5 years either. 

i doubt that fisher will be available next year.  yes, this year is pretty awful for them, but he's been very successfull over the long term and had some significant player losses, not to mention that kerry collins is their starting qb. 

shannahan will be coaching the chargers next year and you can book that.  unless the chargers go on some miracle run, which they won't, there's no way norv is back on the sidelines next year.  and shannahan is not only familiar with the division, but i doubt he can pass up the opportunity to stick it to al davis 2x a year.  not to mention that the roster is good and the chargers won't require a lot of work to make them dominant. 

ATV

Speaking of Norv, how many more season does Turner have to go before there's no one left on the planet that still thinks he makes a fine head coach?

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on October 27, 2009, 08:37:18 PM
A lot of talk on sports radio in this shteinhole sports town is about how Snyder is feeling the pinch of the terrible economy. Basically, it won't be "money is no object" when it comes to getting his new coach

the skins bring in more money than any team in the nfl...so if the economy is hurting the skins then what is it doing to other teams that may want one of these coaches...

how much less money the skins are making isnt the issue...its how much more money do they still make than any other team in the league...and other than dallas the answer is a lot

not to mention six months ago they gave haynesworth an obscene amount of money so how much are they hurting if at all

bottom line is the skins can still give any one of these coaches more money than any team in the league with the possible exception of dallas...and not only can they they are more than willing to do so

in the end money isnt an issue and will be the main reason danni bags one of those coaches
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

NC_Eagle

This is right up there with the Skins banning brown paper bags so the fans can't wear them over their heds al-la the old school 'Aints.

Quotetaterskins find another way to alienate fan base
by Charles Robinson

Let's see if we can get this all straight. The Washington taterskins are 2-5, last in the NFC East and averaging an inept 13.7 points. The owner, Daniel Snyder, has neutered head coach Jim Zorn but refused to fire him. The general manager, Vinny Cerrato, is approaching a fifth straight NFL draft class without a Pro Bowl player. And the team's two biggest free agent signings, defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth(notes) and cornerback DeAngelo Hall(notes), have separately questioned the team's desire and talent.

So what do the upper reaches of management do? They tacitly tell the salary-supporting, skybox-filling, Bentley-providing fanbase to shut up. That's right: Signs have officially been banned. Scream all you want, just don't show up with a message that could land on television screens or in media photos. If you bring them, security will insist you check them with the garbage bin attendants. And if you sneak them, you'll be booted out of the stadium.
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

PhillyPhreak54

They also have banned media from interviewing fans in their FedEx parking lots.

I love this.