2009 Point and Laugh at the taterskins thread

Started by Diomedes, January 26, 2009, 10:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ATV

The taterskins punter is currently beating the Chiefs punter in yards per attempt.

QB Eagles

Can't wait to check in on Riggo's Youtube channel this week.

Sgt PSN

8 reasons to get re-excited about the skins

I am new to this board and already fed up with so much negativity, although I have to admit the Skins have made several bad teams look good. There were coaching decisions that ended up causing players to fail and thus, the players end up getting blamed and lumped in with the coaching mess. I am just as unhappy over the results as you are.

Nevertheless, "we are what we are", but the question remains WHAT ARE WE? Since there are already 30 threads started to discuss how the taterskins fail, WHY the Skins are bad, WHEN the coach will be fired, WHEN a new quarterback will be drafted, etc, etc. I thought that instead of adding to the mess, I would list a couple of things that will prevent you from slitting your wrists. Here's what's GOOD!

Number ONE: The taterskins have won 2 games thus far, and nearly won a 3rd game last week against a team that finished 12-4 last season. Except for a fluke fumble play, the taterskins would be 3-2. AND In just a little over a week, after the MNF game against the Eagles, the taterskins still have an opportunity to be 4-3 with 2 weeks to rest and heal.

Number TWO: For all the abuse that Jim Zorn has weathered lately, despite the image of being a loser and totally incompetent, dead coach walking, and a man who will be FIRED shortly, despite all that, in just a little over a week, Jim Zorn's may have a winning record as the taterskins head coach. Amazing, but true!

Number THREE: The Skins defense is very, very close to becoming a shutdown defense. In fact only a play or two away each game. If you take away all the points the offense keeps giving up, the SKINS defense is actually giving up only 11 points per game. Orakpo now has 2.5 sacks and is only 1 sack behind Justin Tuck. Orakpo is a force and if the Skins use him as a rush end and blitzing LB even more, then this defense could excel. Also, Doughty is a force. He stops the run, and that is going to help us in the next couple of weeks. The Defense appears to be COMING TOGETHER.

Number FOUR: Well, the offensive line has been terrible, sure. But, the good news is that we now have that youth movement on the offensive line that so many of you called for. Thomas, Samuels, and Jansen are gone. So here come the young bucks, maybe the wholesale change will do everybody some good. Also, Heyer is at his natural position. He disliked right tackle as much as Orakpo dislikes linebacker so perhaps the Skins are learning finally to play people in their NATURAL positions. Before you laugh out loud, let's give this group a chance at success this week.

Number 5: Despite all the receiver mistakes, coaching blunders, QB mistakes, special teams errors, the Skins still are undefeated at home, they are in the playoff hunt, and have 2 consecutive home games coming up. As long as they can win at home, they only need to steal 2 road games to make the playoffs. The taterskins are on a pace to accomplish this.

Number SIX: There comes a moment in every life that can be called aturning point. Sometimes that moment is painful and seems to be a horrible sign that everything is wrong. And sometimes it is. On the other hand, that punt return fumble and the resulting TD which defeated the Skins in Carolina, may have been a stroke of luck in disguise. Perhaps Randall El will now be benched as the punt returner. If that occurs, then this team has improved instantly.

Number SEVEN: It's about time for some GOOD LUCK! As you know, you have good days and bad days. Sometimes nuthin' goes right. Other times, you can do no wrong. Well, it's the same in football. I can't say what it is that changes everything but sometimes its one guy, or one play, or one anything. With so many darn bad breaks so far, there's a high percentage that the Skins are about to get some breaks. Good calls, or lucky throws and lucky bounces, or just an opposing player slipping on some wet grass. It's just time for things to balance out. It WILL happen. Maybe this week.

Number EIGHT: With mistakes, comes experience. Just like an infant, the taterskins offense has tried to walk, and has fallen. Several times I might add. However, with falling comes the ability to figure out how to walk better without falling down. For all the critical remarks, this coaching staff and this receiving staff is still like a newborn. They could take a leap and begin to walk this week, and once they begin to walk, its only a short leap away from running. The Skins offense may begin walking THIS week!

they should rename that thread "8 what if scenerios."  seriously, not 1 of those "observations" is based on anything factual, other than the horrible football they've been witness to.  the douchebag actually listed luck as a reason to get excited.  farging tools. 

MDS

after this week even hahafunnyhaha has nothing in the tank
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

NC_Eagle

I should just post this 10 more times and get it over with...
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

Sgt PSN

you could.  but it's much more fun on a week to week basis. 

ATV

BigEd76

The Eagles open as 6.5-pt favorites next week

Sgt PSN