The Free Agency Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 20, 2009, 01:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Don Ho on January 20, 2009, 06:25:37 PM
Jonathan Vilma, UFA, New Orleans Saints

Damm, this guy is always around.  Remember we were all high on this guy several years back?

Can he still play?  Didn't hear much about him this year.

he just got arrested
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 20, 2009, 07:04:09 PM

Damm, this guy is always around.  Remember we were all high on this guy several years back?

he just got arrested

So his get-away speed isn't what it used to be.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 20, 2009, 07:04:09 PM

he just got arrested

So he's a Cowboy then?
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

mussa

i think Vilma had a pretty bad injury that most teams were wary of last season, but leave it to the taints to pick him up. i'll pass.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phillymic2000

Quote from: mussa on January 20, 2009, 08:07:41 PM
i think Vilma had a pretty bad injury that most teams were wary of last season, but leave it to the taints to pick him up. i'll pass.

If he got injured he has Eagle written all over him.

Magical_Retard

Well supposedly when Mangini brought in his 3-4 defense Vilma did not adjust well to it and was pushed around by the OLINE of opposing teams. He wanted to play in a 4-3 but the Saints D is terible just all around and I did not hear much of Vilma.

I think right now a quality TE would be more likely for the Eagles. They love the WRs they have...ALWAYS. But with LJ gone I can not believe they would be happy with just keeping Celek and Shoebel.

They need a 2nd back, a FB, OLINE depth, and a TE badly. And I think they will address those positions. The LB position they think they are set for another 5 years or so...I dont see them making a move there.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

reese125

Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 21, 2009, 09:15:03 AM
Well supposedly when Mangini brought in his 3-4 defense Vilma did not adjust well to it and was pushed around by the OLINE of opposing teams. He wanted to play in a 4-3 but the Saints D is terible just all around and I did not hear much of Vilma.

I think right now a quality TE would be more likely for the Eagles. They love the WRs they have...ALWAYS. But with LJ gone I can not believe they would be happy with just keeping Celek and Shoebel.

They need a 2nd back, a FB, OLINE depth, and a TE badly. And I think they will address those positions. The LB position they think they are set for another 5 years or so...I dont see them making a move there.

Pettigrew is the guy I keep seeing...but if hes that good, there alot of team that are ahead of the Eagles that can use a solid TE to open the field up--it would be nice scoop

Shonn Greene is the guy I want them to get at RB. Watching this dude play on tv, highlights on the internet--he would be the perfect compliment to Westbrook--a guy that stays on his feet after the first hit, nice speed, low to the ground running back

ice grillin you

vilma had a real solid year...he just doesnt have the explosiveness he had pre knee injury....and he aint getting younger...ill pass
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: reese125 on January 21, 2009, 10:03:18 AM
Shonn Greene is the guy I want them to get at RB. Watching this dude play on tv, highlights on the internet--he would be the perfect compliment to Westbrook--a guy that stays on his feet after the first hit, nice speed, low to the ground running back

He is a very consistent college back.  Which means that he will probably not amount to much in the NFL.  Well... at least if the Eagles draft him, he won't.

BigEd76

stalker

Mike Goff, Julius Peppers, Jordan Gross.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

shorebird

Jacobs, Hooseyourmama, or Boldin.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Magical_Retard

Why would any FA RB want to come to a team that usually avoids running the ball like the plague?

Unless they somehow assured Jacobs he would get his 20 carries a game no matter what he would never ever leave the Giants.

Of course that is what I would want them to do but we all know that is not happening. Counting on a balanced offense with this coach is just a pipe dream. At most the Eagles will keep Buck, unless some dumb team offers him a starting job, and once again try to draft a RB. Hopefully this time they do not wait till the 3rd or 4rth round and draft a bust. Or draft a bust at all. Since we all know Westbrook will miss at least 2-3 games and be lingered with injuries during the stretch run they need a 2nd back. Forte would have looked so nice in Eagles green. I know its hindsight but had the Eagles drafted Forte and Jackson with their top 2 picks I think they would have been a much more consistent/solid offense.

Peppers I am not that much interested in. He is a beast but rumors out of Panthers camp say he was half-assing it last season and he does not really enjoy playing the game. He has publicly admitted many times basketball is his passion. This was the contract year and he played his butt off but what when happens when he gets his money? Besides he claims to maximize his true talent he wants to play in a 3-4 scheme.

TJ would be a perfect compliment to the speedy undersized WRs they have right now. TJ, Jackson, Curtis, Avant would make a very complete WR corps. Add a rookie TE + Celek and the offense should be set skill position wise.

Magical_Retard

Quote from: Diomedes on January 21, 2009, 06:13:46 PM
Suggs and Boldin thank you

I would love for them to sign Suggs. But it is not happening. Not for the money he will want.