Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

It's not either or... not in my eyes anyway.  Like I said... he DID NOT play a good game overall, and he did things wrong that contributed to the loss and he should take shots for them.  But I'm already seeing folks coming out and putting it as if HE cost them the game by missing his guys throughout the game and want to put it at his feet as if the final 3 minutes is all that mattered in the game.

I agree that it was a total team loss... but when laying blame, I do lean more towards the defense because their performance is the one that was SO out of character... giving up a ton of points early on and then being unable to come through when they were given a lead to hold.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Eaglez

Quote from: EagleFeva on January 19, 2009, 09:58:30 AM
It's not either or... not in my eyes anyway.  Like I said... he DID NOT play a good game overall, and he did things wrong that contributed to the loss and he should take shots for them.  But I'm already seeing folks coming out and putting it as if HE cost them the game by missing his guys throughout the game and want to put it at his feet as if the final 3 minutes is all that mattered in the game.

I agree that it was a total team loss... but when laying blame, I do lean more towards the defense because their performance is the one that was SO out of character... giving up a ton of points early on and then being unable to come through when they were given a lead to hold.

Yeah, the D did not step up when it had to either.  I had a feeling though that the Cardinals offense is just THAT good.  They are hitting their stride at the right time (Warner is playing well, his O-line is giving him great protection, their running game is getting 3, 4, 5 yards a pop with the occasional 10-12 yarder enough to respect it to free up Fitz and Boldin), and if Pittsburgh thinks they are going to roll over I think they have another thing coming.  The Eagles D ran out of gas, they looked lethargic the whole game absent the two 3 and outs in the 3rd where they looked pretty good.  The screen game for the Cards looked extremely good; every time they ran it it looked like they had open field in front with 3-4 blockers leading the way.  The Eagles just looked lost and could not feel out the screen and seemed more focused on trying to get a hit on Warner after he released the ball than to drop back and try and break up the screen game.  Just stupid defense.

I can't stand Pittsburgh and the Super Bowl has a decent underlying story with Ken Whisenhunt playing the Steelers who snubbed him for the heading coaching position.  Hope he pulls it out, because if the Cards fold in the Super Bowl it just makes yesterday's loss just look that much more pathetic in comparison. 

And the more I think about it the more I lay it on the defense, but the ineptitude of not being able to put the ball in the end zone when it counted and offensively leaving big plays on the field still haunts me too.  I mean the offense managed 450+ yards and only scored 25 points.  There is just a lack of efficiency there and no being able to finish drives that was the reason this team went 9-7-1 in the regular season to begin with. 

Magical_Retard

On a completely insignificant point what in the world was Abiamiri doing on that kick return?

What was Demps doing?

How in the world do you miss a extra pt?

On that 2 pt attempt when McNabb stood in the pocket for what seemed like 20 seconds why did he not just run it in from 2 yards out?

Overall the defense first and then McNabb cost us the game. I mean its pointless to point out the the less than stellar WR crew cause its been like that for 9 yrs now. Its also pointless to point out the no running game once again or how Westbrook was completely useless.

In this run McNabb and the defense got the team this far and it took a complete collapse by the defense and a terrible first half by McNabb to lose.

The philosophy of the offense has to change. Reid wants to run the type of offense that the Cards have. It would be nice to have at least one WR who can do what Fitz does. Warner did not have many bad throws but when he did throw some high or away Larry would always make the adjustment and make the catch.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Magical_Retard

Quote from: Eaglez on January 19, 2009, 10:22:50 AM
Quote from: EagleFeva on January 19, 2009, 09:58:30 AM

Yeah, the D did not step up when it had to either.  I had a feeling though that the Cardinals offense is just THAT good.  They are hitting their stride at the right time (Warner is playing well, his O-line is giving him great protection, their running game is getting 3, 4, 5 yards a pop with the occasional 10-12 yarder enough to respect it to free up Fitz and Boldin), and if Pittsburgh thinks they are going to roll over I think they have another thing coming.  The Eagles D ran out of gas, they looked lethargic the whole game absent the two 3 and outs in the 3rd where they looked pretty good.  The screen game for the Cards looked extremely well; every time they ran it it looked like they had open field in front with 3-4 blockers leading the way.  The Eagles just looked lost and could not feel out the screen and seemed more focused on trying to get a hit on Warner after he released the ball than to drop back and try and break up the screen game.  Just stupid defense.

I can't stand Pittsburgh and the Super Bowl has a decent underlying story with Ken Whisenhunt playing the Steelers who snubbed him for the heading coaching position.  Hope he pulls it out, because if the Cards fold in the Super Bowl it just makes yesterday's loss just look that much more pathetic in comparison. 

Thats another thing I do not understand. The Eagles are supposed to be a good screen play team. But yesterday we see the Cards run about 6-7 screen and all went for positive yards, most of them for first downs. The Eagles I think ran one successful one to Buck out of the 2 attempted that I remember. I guess lining up out of shotgun every play limits the screen play.

mussa

Why was Westbrook off the field during 3rd downs!

A bunch of rookies made rookie mistakes yesterday.

Why is Demps covering centerfield solo?

Why isn't Lito on the damn field...instead of 3 safeties.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyPhreak54

I'm still salty as farg and disgruntled this morning.

I cannot believe they lost. I cannot believe that Fitz was not more aggressively covered (see, double teaming).

Blame cannot be solely laid on one person or facet of the game. They all play a hand in it.

Akers...the defense...McNabb's first half....dropped balls.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Magical_Retard

Quote from: General_Failure on January 19, 2009, 11:33:31 AM
Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 19, 2009, 10:23:56 AM

Rocca turned the laces in.

Even then...I mean in Madden when I completely let go on the controller they still kick the extra pt through.

ITS THAT EASY!

And yeah JJ never seems to realize that these big time WRs can not be covered one on one by our CBs while the rest of the team blitzes...esp when they do not get to the QB in time.

Its sad but I think this team had a better chance against a CAR team that is not as explosive and more run oriented. The Cards passing attack forced JJ to revert back to keep blitzing everyone and hope Sheldon/Asante can hold up by themselves against Fitz.

BTW I am sure everyone noticed Boldin getting into a argument with their offensive coordinator on the sideline....I think he is done there. Please get Boldin.

reese125

QuoteBTW I am sure everyone noticed Boldin getting into a argument with their offensive coordinator on the sideline....I think he is done there. Please get Boldin.

than that means Warner is too because he let him have it first

its obvious they have a passive-ass offensive coordinator who you can beat into the ground---and that same Hoyda just led them to the Superbowl--we need one

BigEd76

Reid vs Harbaugh in the Pro Bowl.  awesome.....another chance to see lard ass in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts

Magical_Retard

Quote from: reese125 on January 19, 2009, 11:46:35 AM
QuoteBTW I am sure everyone noticed Boldin getting into a argument with their offensive coordinator on the sideline....I think he is done there. Please get Boldin.

than that means Warner is too because he let him have it first

its obvious they have a passive-ass offensive coordinator who you can beat into the ground---and that same Hoyda just led them to the Superbowl--we need one

Yeah but Warner was upset about one call. Boldin was probably complaining about not being thrown to all throughout the game and then from that point on you did not see him in the lineup at all.

phattymatty

i guess everyone is in town for inauguration stuff, but jim gardner from action news and mayor nutter showed up to my bar for the game yesterday.  it was a madhouse.  i basically poured a whole pitcher of beer all over myself seconds before i shook nutter's hand.

oh, and my friend walked by jessica alba on the street.

phattymatty

also, i predicted the winner of every single playoff game correctly.  including yesterday unfortunately.

stalker

Quote from: General_Failure on January 19, 2009, 11:33:31 AM
Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 19, 2009, 10:23:56 AM

Rocca turned the laces in.

Does that mean Akers will turn into a transexual police lieutenant and kidnap Swoop?
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.