Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romolicious

Quote from: Don Ho on January 19, 2009, 04:00:10 AM
Quote from: Romolicious on January 19, 2009, 03:44:40 AM

The Eagles will never win a Super Bowl; what more proof than this game do you need?

Good farging riddance you classless jackoffs.

Don't you have a zit to go pop you useless tool? 

How'd you know??  I already popped it.  It was on your mom's huge, hairy Polynesian ass.  I even did it for free, since she was out of cash and only had two one-dollar food stamps and half a pack of cigarettes left for the month.  She offered me a gumjob, but I declined and politely excused myself.  Vomited in the shrubbery on the way out and drove home slightly woozy from the whole experience.

Don Ho

Quote from: hbionic on January 19, 2009, 12:19:58 AM
It's state the obvious time!

4. Larry Fitzgerald is a man-beast. The Goverment made him. That guys a bad ass.

5. At least we knocked off the Cowboys

Fitzgerald, fricken Iron Man.  I am a total believer.  Class act, cool dude and guy is just going to get better.

Point # 5 - I have nothing to contribute.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"If you keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result your kinda of kidding yourself"

Joe Banner to D. Gunn after the game.   "Reid" between the lines on that one.  Could also be a jab at DMac.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

The BIGSTUD

Or Heckert and Reid as GM duties.

Most likely just a poke at their philosophy though.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Don Ho on January 19, 2009, 04:31:05 AMFitzgerald, fricken Iron Man.  I am a total believer.  Class act

Might want to ask the mother of his kid about that one. No question he's the man on the football field though.

Quote from: hbionic on January 19, 2009, 12:19:58 AM5. At least we knocked off the Cowboys

And the Giants...

stalker

DYK:

Three of the teams the Eagles have lost to in the NFCCG made had never previously been in a SB? I sure hope we don't face the Lions in next years NFCCG.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

shorebird

Ya' know, if watching Fitz shred the Eagles D from the opposite sideline didn't prove to Reid what this offense needs then nothing ever will. Not to mention that after watching all the replays of Warner hitting his recievers in the numbers and in stride so they can get big, big yac, makes me think that even an old ass dog like Warner is a better qb than McNabb. When the chips were down, he threw low and behind his guys. The one time that Djack was open he threw high, and almost got intercepted. The one time he hit Lewis in stride on a corssing pattern, he got major yac. But it was the only friggen' time.

Unless I ever see otherwise, in my mind he will be the qb who can't get it done in when the heat is on in the playoffs. I don't care what the numbers say, he choked, plain and simple.

Exact same thing goes for his coach too.

Feva

Quote from: Romolicious on January 19, 2009, 03:44:40 AM
yap, yap, yap... blah, blah, blah.

You CAN NOT be serious...

How in the world you think you can come here and say word one about the Eagles after they DISMANTLED your joke of a team just 3 weeks ago is beyond me.  In what amounted to a playoff game... your Cowboys did the same thing they've done for the last 12 years... they got embarrassed.  It's laughable that you can even utter anything aout McNabb choking when that gutless fargface Romo has found EVERY single conceivable way to choke your franchise's hopes away year after year.

Your team is in complete dissaray from top to farging bottom and the absolute best part about it is that your egotistical owner is oblivious to the whole thing.  You still have the cancer eating away at you and Jerrah farging loves him.  Good luck with that shtein.

Bottom line... the Eagles have had their share of failures over the years, but what the Cowboys did this year (and capped off by my Eagles) dwarfed anything that has happened to them during that time.  Your team was supposed to WIN THE fargING SUPER BOWL and you failed to even make the farging playoffs!  Why?  Because you don't have one single person on that team with a farging spine and that FACT was exposed on the field in week 17 when the Eagles bent over your Cowboys and gutted their sorry asses.  You've had the most embarrassing season of ANY franchise this year outside of Detroit... and even that shtein is debatable.

But I know, I know.... this is the part where you yap about Super Bowl titles that you've never even witnessed outside of YouTube.

Get the farg out of here, you farging clown... you're out of your farging mind if you think you've got room to talk.  Eat a dick.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Feva

Quote from: shorebird on January 19, 2009, 06:53:44 AM
Ya' know, if watching Fitz shred the Eagles D from the opposite sideline didn't prove to Reid what this offense needs then nothing ever will. Not to mention that after watching all the replays of Warner hitting his recievers in the numbers and in stride so they can get big, big yac, makes me think that even an old ass dog like Warner is a better qb than McNabb. When the chips were down, he threw low and behind his guys. The one time that Djack was open he threw high, and almost got intercepted. The one time he hit Lewis in stride on a corssing pattern, he got major yac. But it was the only friggen' time.

Unless I ever see otherwise, in my mind he will be the qb who can't get it done in when the heat is on in the playoffs. I don't care what the numbers say, he choked, plain and simple.

farg that.

Anyone trying to pin this shtein on McNabb is either blaming him just because he's the QB or simply don't know what they were watching yesterday.  Was McNabb at his best yesterday?  No... not even close...especially in the 1st half.  Does he deserve to take shots for leaving some plays out on the field?  Hell yeah.  Did he play well enough to where his team had a chance to win?  25-24 says YES.

If you want to see where the game was lost... look at the defense who had given up 10.8 ppg the last 6 games, only to get 32 dropped on them.  Look at the defense who couldn't muster one single turnover against a QB who outside of Brett Favre is the most known for giving them up.  Look at the defense who got zero pressure on Warner without the blitz.  Look at the defense who had been so good all year in the red zone give up TD's every time yesterday.  Look at the defense that gave up a 14 play, 7 and a half minute, 71 yard drive for a TOUCHDOWN right after being given the lead.  Look at the defensive coordinator who left Larry Fitzgerald in one on one coverage at the farging goal line and what seemed to be the whole game... and he ran free for the rest of it.  farg... even leave it at the feet of the kicker who left 5 points out there his damn self.

Look, McNabb and the offense did not look pretty yesterday... but they put up 25 farging points.  That's PLENTY if the defense and the D coordinator don't shtein the bed and play like they've got a backbone.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MadMarchHare

The Cardinals played well, earned their win.  Fine.

But that was exactly the kind of soul-destroying loss we're accustomed to was it not?  shtein the bed the entire first half, storm back to take the lead, and piss it away.  With a couple of nice reach around no calls to ice the cake (the holding call on 3rd and 3 in the 1st half at the 2 yd line, the PI of Curtis on 4th and 10).
Anyone but Reid.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: EagleFeva on January 19, 2009, 07:32:30 AM

farg that.

Anyone trying to pin this shtein on McNabb is either blaming him just because he's the QB or simply don't know what they were watching yesterday.  Was McNabb at his best yesterday?  No... not even close...especially in the 1st half.  Does he deserve to take shots for leaving some plays out on the field?  Hell yeah.  Did he play well enough to where his team had a chance to win?  25-24 says YES.

If you want to see where the game was lost... look at the defense who had given up 10.8 ppg the last 6 games, only to get 32 dropped on them.  Look at the defense who couldn't muster one single turnover against a QB who outside of Brett Favre is the most known for giving them up.  Look at the defense who got zero pressure on Warner without the blitz.  Look at the defense who had been so good all year in the red zone give up TD's every time yesterday.  Look at the defense that gave up a 14 play, 7 and a half minute, 71 yard drive for a TOUCHDOWN right after being given the lead.  Look at the defensive coordinator who left Larry Fitzgerald in one on one coverage at the farging goal line and what seemed to be the whole game... and he ran free for the rest of it.  farg... even leave it at the feet of the kicker who left 5 points out there his damn self.

Look, McNabb and the offense did not look pretty yesterday... but they put up 25 farging points.  That's PLENTY if the defense and the D coordinator don't shtein the bed and play like they've got a backbone.

Amen, amen, amen.

GeneralZOD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 19, 2009, 08:13:14 AM

farg that.

Amen, amen, amen.

True in every sense of the word....
But, in all respect to that Godawful defense (if I can even give them any respect), McNabb still had 3 minutes on the clock to go down the field, tie the game, and force overtime.  Getting us a 1 point lead was an awesome feeling for the moment, but a little ice in the veins at the END of a big game even though the D farged up would be nice for once.  Total team loss all around...
CF Record Holder - Oldest User With Least Amount of Posts

Feva

Quote from: GeneralZOD on January 19, 2009, 08:57:04 AM

farg that.

Amen, amen, amen.

True in every sense of the word....
But, in all respect to that Godawful defense (if I can even give them any respect), McNabb still had 3 minutes on the clock to go down the field, tie the game, and force overtime.  Getting us a 1 point lead was an awesome feeling for the moment, but a little ice in the veins at the END of a big game even though the D farged up would be nice for once.  Total team loss all around...

True... but that is not the REASON for the loss.  He had a hand in it like anyone else... but this game was lost because the defense got their ass kicked for 3 out of 4 quarters.  If McNabb choked... the defense choked before him by giving the lead back in the fashion that they did.  Force the Cards into a 3 and out, a punt, or even a FG... and it could be a different game.

Again... if the Defense is even half of what it was the last 6 weeks or even the playoffs, 25 points is more than enough to be on the way to Tampa.

Eaglez

farg that.

Amen, amen, amen.

I agree with most of what you said, but I don't understand why it always has to be an either/or proposition.  Did the defense play bad?  Absolutely.  Did McNabb not make more clutch plays than Warner?  Absolutely.  There were points left on the field, and when it came down to perform the both did not perform well when it counted. 

Rarely are you going to win a game, on the road, in the playoffs, when your defense gives up 32 points.  But rarely are you going to win a playoff game when your QB cannot hit his receivers in a position where they can get yards after the catch or even in a realistic position to catch the ball in the first place.  The Eagles could move the ball against the Cardinals -- but they settled for field goals in the first half and, while they got back into it in the 2nd half, they still had inconsistent drives. 

It's not all McNabb's fault -- Greg Lewis, adjusted or not, needs to make that catch in the playoffs; he had two arms around the ball, he needs to hold onto it.

But then McNabb missed Baskett with no one in front of him for probably an easy six.  But then Baskett dropped the ball later in the 4th with potentially 20+ yards of running room if he just secured the ball.  Kevin Curtis also could have made that catch on the last offensive play of the game.  He needs to make those types of catches in clutch situations. 

It was a complete team loss.  Arizona executed better when it counted and did enough to win the game.  Again, it seems like pressure got to this Eagles team and when it came down to make clutch plays.  Arizona deserved to win because a bunch of first timers handled pressure than a bunch of veterans who have been to that game 5 times in the past 8 years.  Pathetic. 

mussa

words can't describe how much this hurts. what a joke. the cardinals are going to get killed in the SB
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"