Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 18, 2009, 08:09:41 PM
And to think that at 25-24 I really starting thinking wow they might have just completed one of the most impressive comebacks in playoffs history.

they were just setting us up for one more kick in the nuts.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

pinoyboy2pt0

i don't see why you guys just don't ignore romo...anyway...

the blitzing thing doesn't work.  i still say put a monster next to bunkley (and have him add his weight back) so you don't have to sacrifice lb's everytime.  patterson and laws are not the answer.  i'll give credit to patterson during the giants game, but you know he doesn't do jack shtein 80% of the time and is blocked by one man as he spins around 2 yards back of his own LOS while the qb is 7 yards away from him.  most of the time he's blocked 3-6 yards backwards and that's how he ends up making those tackles...he's basically running parallel with the runner.  

if you can get pressure up the middle without the mike blitzing, then you free him up to do other things.  same shtein different year.  small undersized DT's, blitz the mike and leave the middle wide open and scheming your entire defense to mask it.  or trying to.  it's time to realize that shtein doesn't work.

now, it might "work" if the eagles sign some top 5 wr in the offseason and just pass, pass, pass and run up the score like they did in 04.  and the returning d is better than the 04 one...the main thing in that year was trot/ike and bradley seems to between what those two players brought to the table, which is a good thing.

Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

shorebird

Quote from: shorebird on January 13, 2009, 10:57:35 PM
There is always that thought in the back of my mind that the bottom could fall out at any moment. It could all go to crap in seconds. Thats just what this team does to you. The minute you get to thinking that hey, they really have a shot at this thing here, you get stabbed in the gut and the knife gets twisted.

I'm trying not to think that, yeah, they have a real shot at going to another Super Bowl. But I can't friggen' help it, and at the same time I feel like I'm just lining myself in front of the firing squad.........Aagain.

:boom :boom :boom :boom :'(

General_Failure

Time for Jim Johnson to go. He's wasted Dawkins' career on a system that doesn't work against good offenses. Speaking of Dawkins, he can hang 'em up now.

The man. The myth. The legend.

reese125

Magical_Retard

Quote from: pinoyboy2pt0 on January 18, 2009, 08:12:49 PM

the blitzing thing doesn't work.  i still say put a monster next to bunkley (and have him add his weight back) so you don't have to sacrifice lb's everytime.  patterson and laws are not the answer.  i'll give credit to patterson during the giants game, but you know he doesn't do jack shtein 80% of the time and is blocked by one man as he spins around 2 yards back of his own LOS while the qb is 7 yards away from him.  most of the time he's blocked 3-6 yards backwards and that's how he ends up making those tackles...he's basically running parallel with the runner.  

if you can get pressure up the middle without the mike blitzing, then you free him up to do other things.  same shtein different year.  small undersized DT's, blitz the mike and leave the middle wide open and scheming your entire defense to mask it.  or trying to.  it's time to realize that shtein doesn't work.

now, it might "work" if the eagles sign some top 5 wr in the offseason and just pass, pass, pass and run up the score like they did in 04.  and the returning d is better than the 04 one...the main thing in that year was trot/ike and bradley seems to between what those two players brought to the table, which is a good thing.

No the real problem is that they have some tough choices to make now. Is Demps the answer? What about Runyan and Thomas? Dawkins? No way they even try to acquire a top 5 WR because you know statistically the offense was in the top 10 and Desean had such a amazing season.

But I agree that blitzing should be something you do when you want to turn it up not something you have to do to get any pressure. Its almost like the Cards tricked the Eagles D into thinking they could stop them with those 3 and outs because when it came time to for Warner and company to go down the field they drove down with relative ease.

And can someone tell me what Demps was doing hitting Warner so late and away from the field?
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Magical_Retard

Quote from: General_Failure on January 18, 2009, 08:16:55 PM
Time for Jim Johnson to go. He's wasted Dawkins' career on a system that doesn't work against good offenses. Speaking of Dawkins, he can hang 'em up now.

I would agree cept they have nothing behind Dawkins. As well as the defense has played and as well as McNabb had played you just knew they would mess up in one of these games. It would be nice if Westbrook was ever healthy and could contribute besides pick up blitzes.

Defense and McNabb carried the team into this game...both had a terrible first half (defense more so) and no one else on the team stands up.

reese125

Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 18, 2009, 08:17:48 PM
Quote from: pinoyboy2pt0 on January 18, 2009, 08:12:49 PM

No the real problem is that they have some tough choices to make now. Is Demps the answer? What about Runyan and Thomas? Dawkins? No way they even try to acquire a top 5 WR because you know statistically the offense was in the top 10 and Desean had such a amazing season.

But I agree that blitzing should be something you do when you want to turn it up not something you have to do to get any pressure. Its almost like the Cards tricked the Eagles D into thinking they could stop them with those 3 and outs because when it came time to for Warner and company to go down the field they drove down with relative ease.

And can someone tell me what Demps was doing hitting Warner so late and away from the field?

farg Demps...he made so many mistakes today that hit on Warner was just the icing on the cake

shorebird

Everytime this team craps the bed like this, I die a little more inside. I mean, what the farg?? How much can a fan take??

I'm just farging ready to puke. FARG!! Every.......farging .......YEAR!......it's this bullcrap.

I swear to christ, I take craps with more consistancy than this farging team plays. They're up and down more than Jenna Jameson's head on a ten inch cock.

General_Failure

Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 18, 2009, 08:19:47 PM

I would agree cept they have nothing behind Dawkins.

Replacing mediocrity with mediocrity is a fair trade. Dawkins is done.

Magical_Retard

Quote from: General_Failure on January 18, 2009, 08:22:16 PM

One bad game and he is done? No one showed up on D.

I rather keep him and draft a replacement then just get rid of him.

General_Failure

Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 18, 2009, 08:25:25 PM

One? Jesus farg, where has Dawkins been all season? Does it take more than one hand to count the number of plays he's made this year?

Magical_Retard

Quote from: shorebird on January 18, 2009, 08:21:55 PM
Everytime this team craps the bed like this, I die a little more inside. I mean, what the farg?? How much can a fan take??

I'm just farging ready to puke. FARG!! Every.......farging .......YEAR!......it's this bullcrap.

I swear to christ, I take craps with more consistancy than this farging team plays. They're up and down more than Jenna Jameson's head on a ten inch cock.

In a weird way for me this one does not hurt as much. It was meant to be no? I mean McNabb played 3 great games in a row. The defense played amazing for about 6 weeks in a row. Even Reid called a reasonable game for about 3 games in a row.

Something had to give. All week all my friends and co workers here in Giants country kept telling me how much we had this wrapped up and how easy this would be....I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!

Magical_Retard

Quote from: General_Failure on January 18, 2009, 08:26:13 PM
Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 18, 2009, 08:25:25 PM

One? Jesus farg, where has Dawkins been all season? Does it take more than one hand to count the number of plays he's made this year?

He made plenty the last few weeks. But how did Dawkins lose this game? Or how was he a liability?

BigEd76